2022 Pac 12 Football

Mano

On 11/1/2022 at 9:11 PM, HLB said:

Not educating @Orangeon "everything" Oregon.  Only on racism and racial divide.  I got my stats from a simple web research.  I'm sure residents of Utah, where there are about 3.5 million residents, are equally blind to what actual racism is.  In Utah, over 75% of the residents are White, while roughly 1% are African American.  Are those numbers because Oregon and Utah are racists towards African Americans and don't want Black America to live in their states?

History of Oregon and the block of Black citizens coming to Oregon.

Black History Month: Oregon's exclusion laws aimed to prevent blacks from settling here (guest opinion) - oregonlive.com

On 11/1/2022 at 8:11 PM, HLB said:

Not educating @Orangeon "everything" Oregon.  Only on racism and racial divide.  I got my stats from a simple web research.  I'm sure residents of Utah, where there are about 3.5 million residents, are equally blind to what actual racism is.  In Utah, over 75% of the residents are White, while roughly 1% are African American.  Are those numbers because Oregon and Utah are racists towards African Americans and don't want Black America to live in their states?

Perhaps there are fewer African American's here because we didn't hunt them and bring them over in boats from Africa in chains like they did in the south, where they also fought a war because they wanted to keep doing that?

• Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 8:11 PM, HLB said:

What do we need to pay you to go away?  Name your price.  I bet you don’t have a nickel to your name. 

Take some cash. Win-win for everyone.  Venmo?

On 11/1/2022 at 10:11 PM, HLB said:

The African American population still reflects the stained past of where the slave trade brought them, with heavy concentrations in the south.  The Great Migration (1910 to 1970) saw many Afreican Americans move to northern industrial cities (e.g., Chicago, Detroit, NYC).  States like Oregon, Vermont, Colorado, Nebraska, and Utah were not key destinations for those seeking industrial jobs.  Today's map still reflects the brutality of the original forced migration from Africa.

6a0120a61b56ed970c0154372f022c970c-800wi.jpeg

On 11/2/2022 at 5:09 AM, EastCoastFan said:

The African American population still reflects the stained past of where the slave trade brought them, with heavy concentrations in the south.  The Great Migration (1910 to 1970) saw many Afreican Americans move to northern industrial cities (e.g., Chicago, Detroit, NYC).  States like Oregon, Vermont, Colorado, Nebraska, and Utah were not key destinations for those seeking industrial jobs.  Today's map still reflects the brutality of the original forced migration from Africa.

Correct.

This is not to say that Oregon didn't have a racist constitution.  Every sane Oregonian I know is aware we banned everyone but white people to move to the state up until the 1920s.  @HLB is acting like this is a revelation -- maybe it is to him, but that's probably because Republicans made sure schools do not teach the history of race relations in America.  At least in Oregon we're trying to undo that racist past, while the entire South is still trying to segregate black people into underfunded public schools and make them believe their poverty and misery is their own fault.

Newsflash, @HLB, the ENTIRE COUNTRY is racist.  This is the thesis behind Black Lives Matter and "Critical Race Theory" (which, under GOP definition, means any comprehensive history of black Americans at all).  

So, basically, @HLB is here promoting CRT.  Our job is done, boys!  @HLB is a bona fide progressive!

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2022 at 7:19 PM, HLB said:

Glad to see you finally reading and accepting liberal, progressive propaganda.  This is the Oregonian's 1619 project, and I salute the paper for doing it.

On 11/2/2022 at 8:58 AM, Orange said:

Correct.

This is not to say that Oregon didn't have a racist constitution.  Every sane Oregonian I know is aware we banned everyone but white people to move to the state up until the 1920s.  @HLB is acting like this is a revelation -- maybe it is to him, but that's probably because Republicans made sure schools do not teach the history of race relations in America.  At least in Oregon we're trying to undo that racist past, while the entire South is still trying to segregate black people into underfunded public schools and make them believe their poverty and misery is their own fault.

Newsflash, @HLB, the ENTIRE COUNTRY is racist.  This is the thesis behind Black Lives Matter and "Critical Race Theory" (which, under GOP definition, means any comprehensive history of black Americans at all).  

So, basically, @HLB is here promoting CRT.  Our job is done, boys!  @HLB is a bona fide progressive!

LMFAO. Brilliant on the multi tag in the same post. 

On 11/2/2022 at 6:09 AM, EastCoastFan said:

Didn’t most schools teach something like this in 7th grade history? 

Looks like @HLB mighta missed some book learnin’ and such. 

On 11/1/2022 at 7:11 PM, HLB said:

You couldn't educate a fly on what piece of shit to land on.

• Thanks 1

This week's picks.  Winners in BOLD.

Oregon State @ Washington (37-30) .... I want to be able to pick Washington, but they've been so inconsistent, while Oregon State has shown themselves to be a quality opponent that can't be taken lightly.  I don't think UW will want it as bad as Oregon State.

UCLA @ ASU (41-29) .... Do I need to explain this pick?  UCLA is simply better.  HOWEVER, ASU has played better since they got rid of Herm Edwards.  UCLA wins, but Arizona State has a decent showing.

Arizona @ Utah (41-35) .... Arizona might be the most improved team in the PAC12.  They put up a lot of points versus USC and made USC work for everything they got.  Playing at home and having Rising back @QB will propel Utah to victory.

Oregon @ Colorado (55-13) .... "Bo Nix for Heisman"!  Nix struggled @ Auburn and against SEC competition (See Oregon v. Georgia in week one of 2022).  It was painful to watch, week in and week out.  Fortunately, he's in an offense that fits his style of play and facing competition he can excel against.  And he will excel again, against lowly Colorado

Washington State @ Stanford (24-19) .... Watch out!  Stanford at home has been deadly in recent weeks (see ND and ASU victories), thanks to their Team MVP kicker.  Wazzu is coming off a difficult loss.  One would think that Wazzu would run away with this one.  But look for Stanford (and their kicker) to keep the game close.

Cal @ USC (48-13) .... Of late, USC hasn't played as well as they are capable of playing, and last week they had several players "out".  Not sure what their roster will look like this week, but Cal simply isn't good enough to win, and USC will win this game comfortably.

Enjoy the games!

Utah vs Stanford game time announced: 8:00.

WTF?

Sat 12 | Day

39°

4%
NNE 7 mph

Partly cloudy. High 39F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.

• Humidity58%
  • UV Index3 of 10
  • Sunrise7:11 am
  • Sunset5:11 pm

Sat 12 | Night

26°

18%
SE 6 mph

A few clouds from time to time. Low 26F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.

• Humidity71%
  • UV Index0 of 10
  • Moonrise8:14 pm
    Waning Gibbous
  • Moonset11:26 am

• Sad 1