Picking Up The Pieces

PAC MAN

On 6/8/2023 at 11:16 AM, Orange said:

Oh, and coach prime will suck your program dry and leave it worse off in 3-4 years.  

I'm not into the back and forth on Sanders, but as for Colorado, there is no way to suck it dry.  There just wasn't anything where when Sanders was hired.  They'll either improve, or they'll just shut it down.  There is no way it could be worse than it was.

On 6/7/2023 at 10:24 AM, PAC MAN said:

Just stopping by to collect my belongings from this board.  CU is 99.99% gone from this conference and will be confirmed this Friday morning after the public BOR meeting.  Multiple posters across CU forums are now saying that CU is heading to the Big 12 after hearing from credible secondhand sources.

Wilner & Canzano have been reporting on those Comcast overpayments to the P12 and now they are saying it's at least $70M thanks to Larry Scott.  That moron needs to face criminal charges.

And here's this tweet:

Sorry to break it to you, but the Friday meeting was cancelled.

https://regents.cu.edu/events

On 6/8/2023 at 9:29 AM, EastCoastFan said:

I'm not into the back and forth on Sanders, but as for Colorado, there is no way to suck it dry.  There just wasn't anything where when Sanders was hired.  They'll either improve, or they'll just shut it down.  There is no way it could be worse than it was.

He could always leave them on years of probation.  That, in addition to draining all talent, will make them worse off in a way no transfer to the B12 can fix.

On 6/9/2023 at 11:07 AM, Orange said:

He could always leave them on years of probation.  That, in addition to draining all talent, will make them worse off in a way no transfer to the B12 can fix.

My understanding is that there was never a real plan to go to the Big-12.  Instead, the threat was put out there, along with Arizona, to push back on the demands from Seattle and Eugene for unequal revenue sharing.  It apparently has worked, because the only unequal money distribution will come from any potential playoff income.  Still, though, Kliavkoff has to come up with something dollar-wise in the ball park with the Big-12, and it can't be 80% streaming.

On 6/9/2023 at 10:47 AM, EastCoastFan said:

My understanding is that there was never a real plan to go to the Big-12.  Instead, the threat was put out there, along with Arizona, to push back on the demands from Seattle and Eugene for unequal revenue sharing.  It apparently has worked, because the only unequal money distribution will come from any potential playoff income.  Still, though, Kliavkoff has to come up with something dollar-wise in the ball park with the Big-12, and it can't be 80% streaming.

Colorado might make some sort of sense for that but why would Arizona of any school in the Pac-12 oppose unequal revenue sharing in basketball?

On 6/9/2023 at 5:15 PM, clpp01 said:

Colorado might make some sort of sense for that but why would Arizona of any school in the Pac-12 oppose unequal revenue sharing in basketball?

Because Oregon and Washington were pushing for a bigger cut than the other eight schools based on their supposed football "brand" power.  The debate on this has nothing to do with basketball.  The settlement apparently is to allow Pac-10 schools that make the playoffs a funding distribution for their achievement that the other schools don't get.  The irony is that it might be Utah or someone else that makes the playoffs that gets the bigger share, not either of the northwest schools.

On 6/9/2023 at 7:53 PM, EastCoastFan said:

Because Oregon and Washington were pushing for a bigger cut than the other eight schools based on their supposed football "brand" power.  The debate on this has nothing to do with basketball.  The settlement apparently is to allow Pac-10 schools that make the playoffs a funding distribution for their achievement that the other schools don't get.  The irony is that it might be Utah or someone else that makes the playoffs that gets the bigger share, not either of the northwest schools.

Settlement = giving Oregon and Washington what they want when they have no leverage and every desire to leave the rest in the dirt the first chance they get..  This is making the same mistake the ACC schools are doing.  Schools not named Utah are sacrificing revenue and getting nothing in return for it.

• 1 month later...

Happy Friday everyone...more like Happy Media Days.  The focus should be on what appears to be a really good upcoming season for the P12 but there's the elephant in the room which is media rights.  I'll be happy to give an update from the lens of a Buffs fan.

Last time I posted here, I can confirm that CU in fact was on its way to the Big 12 when the board meeting was cancelled.  All kinds of sources were saying that day that the Big 12 move was a done deal because the CU BOR meeting itself was also public as required by law in cases like switching conferences.  Apparently UO & UW backed off on the unequal revenue sharing after that.

Why is CU making the most noise out of this?  This tweet below very well explains everything.  CU has left at least $80 million on the table over 13 years and with the Comcast overpayments owed, that figure might hit $100M.  Anyone in their right mind would seriously consider going back to the Big 12.  CU shares borders with Kansas and Oklahoma so CU has to compete against those Big 12 schools.  Utah and both AZ schools now border a Big 12 state thanks to BYU.  Texas Tech in the Texas panhandle can be considered a border rival for CU since the southern Colorado border is under two hours away from the Texas border on US 87 that will be converted to I-27 in the future.

Despite the facts present, I prefer that CU stays in the PAC at this point because the new Big 12 isn't the old Big 12.  I'm a cord cutter and I find this argument about linear versus streaming ridiculous for the most part because the Big 12's new media rights deal will still be heavy on streaming.  Just teach your grandparents how an Apple TV works and you should be good to go.  I'm intrigued by this talk about the PAC and Apple TV and hopefully the dollar amount improves from the low $20M closer to what the B12 is going to get.

I also wouldn't mind the PAC staying at 10 members and if that is going to improve the PAC's chances for the CFP, so be it.  If the PAC makes the playoffs every season, that CFP money could make up for that media rights shortfall.  10 schools means each school will face every other PAC school in football and then you have a true round robin in basketball. If we want more basketball, Gonzaga might still be interested in the PAC.  

On 7/21/2023 at 8:07 AM, PAC MAN said:

Happy Friday everyone...more like Happy Media Days.  The focus should be on what appears to be a really good upcoming season for the P12 but there's the elephant in the room which is media rights.  I'll be happy to give an update from the lens of a Buffs fan.

Last time I posted here, I can confirm that CU in fact was on its way to the Big 12 when the board meeting was cancelled.  All kinds of sources were saying that day that the Big 12 move was a done deal because the CU BOR meeting itself was also public as required by law in cases like switching conferences.  Apparently UO & UW backed off on the unequal revenue sharing after that.

Why is CU making the most noise out of this?  This tweet below very well explains everything.  CU has left at least $80 million on the table over 13 years and with the Comcast overpayments owed, that figure might hit $100M.  Anyone in their right mind would seriously consider going back to the Big 12.  CU shares borders with Kansas and Oklahoma so CU has to compete against those Big 12 schools.  Utah and both AZ schools now border a Big 12 state thanks to BYU.  Texas Tech in the Texas panhandle can be considered a border rival for CU since the southern Colorado border is under two hours away from the Texas border on US 87 that will be converted to I-27 in the future.

Despite the facts present, I prefer that CU stays in the PAC at this point because the new Big 12 isn't the old Big 12.  I'm a cord cutter and I find this argument about linear versus streaming ridiculous for the most part because the Big 12's new media rights deal will still be heavy on streaming.  Just teach your grandparents how an Apple TV works and you should be good to go.  I'm intrigued by this talk about the PAC and Apple TV and hopefully the dollar amount improves from the low $20M closer to what the B12 is going to get.

I also wouldn't mind the PAC staying at 10 members and if that is going to improve the PAC's chances for the CFP, so be it.  If the PAC makes the playoffs every season, that CFP money could make up for that media rights shortfall.  10 schools means each school will face every other PAC school in football and then you have a true round robin in basketball. If we want more basketball, Gonzaga might still be interested in the PAC.  

Lol at this bag of garbage. CU is leaving money on the table?  How about CU has cost this conference money holding down the bottom of the conference for over a decade.  CU runs down the conference SOS and adds little to nothing in post season pooled revenue for the conference. CU TV ratings don’t even hit the radar for media deals. 

CU has been cashing $30 million dollar checks for doing nothing.  The way I see it, CU owes the P12 a lot of money. To the tune of $360 million. If we didn’t need to keep 10 teams right now, I’d be the first one to help pack CU’s moving van. The P12 would have to cover CU’s expenses on that too most likely. 

CU will eventually become a case study at many universities for abusing welfare checks and assistance. You have a lot of balls to post a shitty graph like that. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 7:07 AM, PAC MAN said:

"Lost at least $80 million"?  Maybe you should return that CU mathematics degree, because subtraction is not your bag, baby.

Oh, and I co-sign with @utenation, your program has been dumpster diving since day one and you can blame that on precisely NO ONE but yourselves.  

On 7/25/2023 at 8:41 AM, Orange said:

"Lost at least $80 million"?  Maybe you should return that CU mathematics degree, because subtraction is not your bag, baby.

Oh, and I co-sign with @utenation, your program has been dumpster diving since day one and you can blame that on precisely NO ONE but yourselves.  

We didn't hire Larry Scott.

On 7/22/2023 at 11:25 PM, utenation said:

Lol at this bag of garbage. CU is leaving money on the table?  How about CU has cost this conference money holding down the bottom of the conference for over a decade.  CU runs down the conference SOS and adds little to nothing in post season pooled revenue for the conference. CU TV ratings don’t even hit the radar for media deals. 

CU has been cashing $30 million dollar checks for doing nothing.  The way I see it, CU owes the P12 a lot of money. To the tune of $360 million. If we didn’t need to keep 10 teams right now, I’d be the first one to help pack CU’s moving van. The P12 would have to cover CU’s expenses on that too most likely. 

CU will eventually become a case study at many universities for abusing welfare checks and assistance. You have a lot of balls to post a shitty graph like that. 

Hope you are cool with being conference rivals with BYU starting next year.

On 7/26/2023 at 3:54 PM, PAC MAN said:

Hope you are cool with being conference rivals with BYU starting next year.

CU owes the P12 $360 million.  Let us know if CU needs a payment plan set up. 

Like I said, if we didn’t need 10 schools right now, CU should be booted out of the conference. What a terrible addition CU has been. 

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2023 at 6:34 PM, utenation said:

CU owes the P12 $360 million.  Let us know if CU needs a payment plan set up. 

Like I said, if we didn’t need 10 schools right now, CU should be booted out of the conference. What a terrible addition CU has been. 

Lol, don’t be like that Ute!  That said, check is in the mail!?