2022 Bowls

Scscsc89

On 11/5/2023 at 6:50 PM, HLB said:

Not sure.  Better than in past years, but I would say 4th.

I think you honestly believe this, too? Like no shade, I just don’t think you pay attention to college football as much as you say you do, so your grasp on things tends to be… elementary? But 4th is insane.

IMG_2083.png

On 11/5/2023 at 7:50 PM, HLB said:

Not sure.  Better than in past years, but I would say 4th.

Come on, what 3 conferences are better?   The big 10, outside of possibly 3 teams is a mess.  Big 12 is also not deep.  Even the sec is not particularly deep and has little qb talent.

lol. The original dumb argument about Texas and Washington was who was really trending up. Not only did Washington beat Texas last year they are ahead of Texas this year.  So again, who is trending up?  It was answered on the field.  

It’s quite interesting that @HLB left this part out when referring to Texas this year. 

To use something silly as trends and recruiting rankings as the end all gauge shows a serious lack of football intelligence. Kinda like bumping a thread that’s about a year old. 

On 12/17/2022 at 3:50 PM, HLB said:

Texas' 2022 recruiting class came in at #5.  Washington's recruiting class came in at #94.

Texas' 2023 recruiting class sits at #5.  Washington's recruiting class sits at #19.

In the 2022 transfer portal rankings, Texas came in at #5, including the #1 QB, while UW is at #25.

Texas also has the #1 QB in the nation coming in, in the 2023 class.

And last, I never said that UW wasn't improving, but I think (and it's just my opinion - you don't have to agree with it) Texas is a year or two from making an impact on the national scene.  UW (IMO) is not trending towards being an impact on the national scene of CFB.

No one said you had to agree.  It's just my opinion in making my pick for the game.

What a dipshit.  All you did is embarrass yourself again by bumping this thread. 

On 11/5/2023 at 6:36 PM, HLB said:

Before last year's bowl games, I said that Texas was "trending up" and everyone questioned me.

How I came to that conclusion is because I pay attention.  Where is Texas now, compared to last December?  Trending up, and in the hunt to make the CFP.

Had almost eleven months to come up with an answer and still totally whiffed.

On 11/6/2023 at 11:20 AM, Scscsc89 said:

Have they announced any of the non-NY6 bowl tie-ins for next season?   Seems like they have to just wipe the slate clean.

Most of them will still be under contract through the 2025 season with the possible exception of the 5 Pac-12 tied bowl games.  If the Pac-12 remains as a 2 team league for next year then most if not all the current Pac-12 bowls would seek new co-anchors.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:59 AM, Scscsc89 said:

I think Oregon State & Wazzu should get to play in two bowls each & one more against each other 

They deserve not to have their 100+ year conference disintegrate around them but unfortunately college sports like most things in life are now controlled by venture capitalists and their puppets on wall street.

• Thanks 1

I had always thought the LA Bowl was going to be a bigger deal when they first announced it, replace the Holiday Bowl (or outright acquire the naming rights) and becoming the conferences premier Bowl beneath the Rose but they seem content to be the Kmart of bowl games.

The B1G would certainly thumb their nose at anything that might associate them with the MWC and the ACC & B12 might not be too far behind them.

On 11/7/2023 at 11:13 AM, clpp01 said:

I had always thought the LA Bowl was going to be a bigger deal when they first announced it, replace the Holiday Bowl (or outright acquire the naming rights) and becoming the conferences premier Bowl beneath the Rose but they seem content to be the Kmart of bowl games.

The B1G would certainly thumb their nose at anything that might associate them with the MWC and the ACC & B12 might not be too far behind them.

By numbers, it would probably mostly be Big12 v Big Ten like USC vs ASU — I don’t see how anyone would be against that.  On the years Wazzu or Oregon State would be good enough, they’d probably make the CFP.