2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 10/23/2023 at 11:18 AM, PAC MAN said:

As for how the Buffs are going to do in LA, we are just going to have to see what kind of CU team shows up in the Rose Bowl after a bye week.  If the Buffs win this Saturday, the Buffs are basically back on track for a bowl game.

Make sure he brings his watch. 

IMG_2662.gif

• Haha 1

OSU @ CU is a 8 pm MT start on ESPN on CU's homecoming day...I guess the CSU-CU ESPN game ratings left an impression on ESPN to keep airing CU games later in the evening regardless of whether the school is having its homecoming day or not.  With the upcoming @WSU game a late evening game, that would mean four CU games starting at 8 pm MT or later this season.

At least ESPN will have Stanford & Cal for the late ACC games in addition to the five 4C schools in the Big 12.  I grew up watching games at 10 am & 1:30 pm MT and I'm hoping for more games in that time slot if not 5:00 pm MT when CU goes back to the Big 12 next season but I'm not going to hold my breath in that case.

On 10/23/2023 at 1:43 PM, utenation said:

Make sure he brings his watch. 

IMG_2662.gif

After a down week of only hitting 50% of my picks, I bounced back last week to go 4-0 (100%).

For the season, I'm just under 78%.

I knew you would want to know.

Bold predictions:

Oregon State loses four of their last 5.

USC loses two more games.

Arizona wins two more games and becomes bowl eligible.

The PAC12 puts 9 teams in bowl games.

The PAC12 does not put a team in the CFP.

Oregon wins out and plays UW in the PAC12 Championship game.

Washington loses to Oregon in the PAC12 Championship game.

Neither Penix nor Nix make the trip to NY for the Heisman ceremony.

The PAC12 will be back in 10 years after no success in other conferences, and after the long road trips take their toll on players (in all sports, from all schools).

On 10/23/2023 at 9:06 AM, utenation said:

Some series stats.  14 games played in the P12. Utah leads the series 8-6 also winning the last 4. Riley is 0-3 against Utah and 12-0 against the rest of the conference. 

Utah started turning our program around in 2014 finally adding P5 talent and depth.  Up to this point, USC dominated us.  Until 2021, Utah hadn’t beat SC in LA going back to 1915. 

You also have to look at the Clay Helton failures and the Sark drama.  Whittingham was asked if USC has became Utah’s rival in the post game. Out of respect for USC’s pedigree and history, he said we aren’t on that level. 

I forgot about the Vegas Bowl. I guess Vegas also isn’t a great place for USC to play Utah either. Not sure we would have won in 2020 if fans were allowed but SLC always had our number once you guys started to get P5 players.

IMG_5828.png

On 10/23/2023 at 10:09 PM, Trojan209 said:

I forgot about the Vegas Bowl. I guess Vegas also isn’t a great place for USC to play Utah either. Not sure we would have won in 2020 if fans were allowed but SLC always had our number once you guys started to get P5 players.

IMG_5828.png

So I guess my numbers were a hair off. I said 8-6 since the P12. It’s 7-7 which is still respectable. 

On 10/25/2023 at 1:03 PM, Orange said:

IMG_4094.jpeg

Pac 2 representin ’

For starters, no one is ranked until after the first weekend in November.  The rankings you are hanging your hat on have NOTHING to do with the CFP and are pure conjecture.

For example, Wazzu beat Wisconsin, in week two, when Wisconsin was "projected" as the 19th best team in the country - a ranking that is pure conjecture and opinion and cannot possibly be based on their play on the field, given that there is only a sample of "one game".

Now that they are 7 games into the season, we find out that Wisconsin is a very average team that has beaten one team with a winning record (Rutgers) and plays in one of the weakest divisions in all of CFB.  And they're going to get destroyed this weekend, vs. Ohio State.

Bottom line, none of the current "Opinion-Poll Rankings" of any teams actually reflects the legitimacy about the strength of any teams.

But we all know about your insecurities, so you go ahead and grab a hold of whatever it is that makes you feel better.

On 10/23/2023 at 6:31 PM, glduck said:

A 1-loss Oregon would be in the CFP, and Nix would go to NY in that scenario.

Not if FSU, Georgia, Michigan and Oklahoma are all undefeated.

That being said, what "quality" wins does Oregon have?  If they win out, and win the PAC12, their best wins will be Utah and Washington.  Not that those are bad wins, but there will be other 1-loss teams that have had stronger schedules, and more quality wins (i.e, if Texas beats OU in the B12 Championship game, they would be more desirable than Oregon; If BAMA wins out and beat Georgia in the SEC Championship game, they would be more desirable than Oregon).

And there are several players ahead of Nix, that should go to NY.

On 10/26/2023 at 12:38 AM, HLB said:

Not if FSU, Georgia, Michigan and Oklahoma are all undefeated.

That being said, what "quality" wins does Oregon have?  If they win out, and win the PAC12, their best wins will be Utah and Washington.  Not that those are bad wins, but there will be other 1-loss teams that have had stronger schedules, and more quality wins (i.e, if Texas beats OU in the B12 Championship game, they would be more desirable than Oregon; If BAMA wins out and beat Georgia in the SEC Championship game, they would be more desirable than Oregon).

And there are several players ahead of Nix, that should go to NY.

This is wrong, and you should feel bad.

On 10/26/2023 at 10:08 AM, glduck said:

This is wrong, and you should feel bad.

@HLB is the moron that claimed CU would smash everyone this year and go undefeated.  Same clown that said USC would go undefeated last year, beat everyone by double digits and go to the playoff. He also has CU beating UCLA(who is favored by 17 right now) this week.

It's pretty clear this guy has no clue how things work, doesn't watch football or do any research. A broken watch is more accurate. 

• Like 1