2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 11/13/2023 at 6:36 PM, utenation said:

At what? 

Everything.  Again, starting from the bottom.  Better offensively all around.  Defensively faster and getting better.  They played 4 ranked teams and been in every game, they were in about zero games last year.  

most games were over after the first quarter, maybe second.  It was as bad as I’ve seen.  I’ve seen plenty of bad.

On 11/13/2023 at 6:43 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Everything.  Again, starting from the bottom.  Better offensively all around.  Defensively faster and getting better.  They played 4 ranked teams and been in every game, they were in about zero games last year.  

most games were over after the first quarter, maybe second.  It was as bad as I’ve seen.  I’ve seen plenty of bad.

Sorry. I thought you meant a lot better than OSU and WSU.  WSU appears to be listless right now, so I wouldn’t fight that one too hard. 

On 11/13/2023 at 6:46 PM, utenation said:

Sorry. I thought you meant a lot better than OSU and WSU.  WSU appears to be listless right now, so I wouldn’t fight that one too hard. 

Lol, I’m not crazy.  They aren’t better than either program, even with wsu’s struggles.  

On 11/13/2023 at 6:55 PM, utenation said:

I’m looking good for our hat bet btw. Although, your game against WSU looks 50/50 to me. WSU at home is the only advantage. 

Agreed on all fronts!  CU will give them a game, but who knows these days.  I’m surprised wsu has struggled.

On 11/13/2023 at 6:51 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Tv markets is suspect.

UCLA and USC makes sense in many ways financially. After that, there’s a whole lot of head scratchers when it came to the destruction of the P12.  A lot of shit that makes no sense. 

Including ESPN offering B12 bribes in the hopes that they don’t have to feed another entire conference mouth.  I think a lot of high level people wanted the conference to go away. 

The 4 corners are a package deal geographically. As a Western type pod with BYU. 

My opinion was purely based on football product. I think there were a whole lot of politics going on this round more so than just “market location”.

WSU and OSU got fucked over.  Period. OSU has pretty solid TV ratings this year. 

On 11/13/2023 at 7:28 PM, utenation said:

UCLA and USC makes sense in many ways financially. After that, there’s a whole lot of head scratchers when it came to the destruction of the P12.  A lot of shit that makes no sense. 

Including ESPN offering B12 bribes in the hopes that they don’t have to feed another entire conference mouth.  I think a lot of high level people wanted the conference to go away. 

The 4 corners are a package deal geographically. As a Western type pod with BYU. 

My opinion was purely based on football product. I think there were a whole lot of politics going on this round more so than just “market location”.

It will be interesting to read the downfall of the pac books.  I imagine there has been a lot of shady shit going on.  

And I agree it’s more than just markets, but you can’t tell me osu doesn’t deserve a spot and cal does.

On 11/13/2023 at 8:27 PM, Buff_Fan said:

It will be interesting to read the downfall of the pac books.  I imagine there has been a lot of shady shit going on.  

And I agree it’s more than just markets, but you can’t tell me osu doesn’t deserve a spot and cal does.

I think if the B12 had it to do over again, they would have scratched the UCF, Cincy adds. Maybe BYU and Houston as well.  There’s some good markets and recruiting in those 4. But all 4 will struggle for years to get up to snuff in P5 football. Basketball they’re mostly ok. 

And replaced them with OSU and WSU and the 4 corners. All are pretty much turn key operations. IF they had a clue that the P12 would fall apart before they picked up the 3 stooges from the AAC and BYU. 

I don’t think Cal and Stanford say yes to the B12. 

All just theory of course. 

On 11/13/2023 at 7:50 PM, utenation said:

I think if the B12 had it to do over again, they would have scratched the UCF, Cincy adds. Maybe BYU and Houston as well.  There’s some good markets and recruiting in those 4. But all 4 will struggle for years to get up to snuff in P5 football. Basketball they’re mostly ok. 

And replaced them with OSU and WSU and the 4 corners. All are pretty much turn key operations. IF they had a clue that the P12 would fall apart before they picked up the 3 stooges from the AAC and BYU. 

I don’t think Cal and Stanford say yes to the B12. 

All just theory of course. 

I think they had to pull the trigger and add those 4 first. If they had chose to wait the PAC may have ended up picking up a contingent of the remaining 8 later despite initially choosing not to expand.

On 11/14/2023 at 4:01 PM, azgreg said:

If Arizona and Oregon St win out Arizona goes to the championship game.

Arizona, Oregon, and Oregon St would finish in a tie at 7-2. Among common opponents Arizona and Oregon St would be 5-1 with Oregon at 4-2. Arizona would then win the H2H with Oregon St.

Arizona, Oregon & Oregon St would only have 5 common opponents (Colorado, Stanford, Utah, Washington & Washington St) and each would have ended up going 4-1 against those 5.  The next tie breaker would be record against the highest ranked common opponent which in this case would be Washington.  Oregon St  would have beaten UW while both Arizona & Oregon lost to them.