2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

Moving this to Vegas was the best thing we ever did.  3rd year in a row of a sellout.  It’s too bad we fucked up on everything else.  One thing is different. It’s on ABC rather than Fox. On a Friday probably won’t change much. 

https://pac-12.com/article/2023/11/22/2023-pac-12-football-championship-game-presented-76r-returns-allegiant-stadium#:~:text=Championship Game Tickets – SOLD OUT,Pac-12 partner%2C TicketSmarter.

On 11/26/2023 at 9:14 AM, utenation said:

Interesting post game from Sanders yesterday.  I thought Staub played well.  71% completion rate, 200 Yds, 1 TD and no picks.  Freshman, decent size.  Utah’s defense is still decent even beat up. 

Reporter asked Sanders about Staub’s future at CU. Deion said he knows he wants to play next year but doesn’t know if it will be at CU or somewhere else. 

He then followed it up with how good Shedeur will be next year with some “ help”.  Shedeur is probably the better QB but Sander’s response tells me he has no intention of building the program and protect future assets. At least say there will be a competition next year.  But being daddy and coach can’t be healthy for the overall program. 

This situation tells me Sanders is just going to blast the transfer portal for everything, not build anything from the ground up and skip town if he gets CU winning and bounce to another program. 

A Few things.  The competition in boulder will be the same as rising gets next fall.  If they are healthy, they are the guys.  It’s just not a competition.  Sanders rightfully praised Staub.  We will see if he gets a call to start somewhere else.  If he gets it, I get him going.  

Big picture, it will be a heavy portal year.  Less than last year, but prime has said that will be the case.  As the years go on you can wait (like the Utes), but cu still has a lot of holes to fill.

On 11/27/2023 at 4:46 PM, Buff_Fan said:

A Few things.  The competition in boulder will be the same as rising gets next fall.  If they are healthy, they are the guys.  It’s just not a competition.  Sanders rightfully praised Staub.  We will see if he gets a call to start somewhere else.  If he gets it, I get him going.  

Big picture, it will be a heavy portal year.  Less than last year, but prime has said that will be the case.  As the years go on you can wait (like the Utes), but cu still has a lot of holes to fill.

None of this changes my theory that Sanders isn’t a builder. Whatever gets you the results works I guess. I don’t think he has any intention to stick around.  As soon as he gets 8 wins at CU, I think he’s gone-zo. 

We will see though. 

On 11/27/2023 at 5:18 PM, utenation said:

None of this changes my theory that Sanders isn’t a builder. Whatever gets you the results works I guess. I don’t think he has any intention to stick around.  As soon as he gets 8 wins at CU, I think he’s gone-zo. 

We will see though. 

It’s a wild ride.  The next few weeks will be coaching losses, decommits, and then I expect the good news to start.  

On 11/27/2023 at 8:05 PM, Buff_Fan said:

It’s a wild ride.  The next few weeks will be coaching losses, decommits, and then I expect the good news to start.  

Here’s the recruits bailing. 

https://www.oregonlive.com/collegefootball/2023/11/around-the-pac-12-all-eyes-on-oregon-washington-bo-nix-heisman-odds-colorado-buffaloes-recruits-are-bailing-on-deion-sanders.html

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38992216/danny-oneil-joins-antwann-hill-decommitted-colorado-qbs

On 11/27/2023 at 9:21 PM, utenation said:

It surprising frankly.  Lewis likely being out is part of this.  It will be a small class anyway.  All of this is somewhat expected with changes.  I suspect some kids will also hit the portal.

On 11/26/2023 at 10:57 AM, clpp01 said:

IMO I see them putting tOSU at 5, gives them room to backdoor tOSU into the playoff if the games next week break right for them (UGA, Wash win & FSU loses).

They put Ohio State at 6.  FSU is too high.  They just aren’t playing top grade ball right now without their QB. I think they lose to UL this week. 

Oregon deserves #4. The committee is sticking with undefeated teams in the top 4.  Nobody will convince me FSU is a better team than Oregon right now. 

But if Oregon beats Washington I think they are in. If Texas beats OSU, The Cowboys aren’t ranked high enough to move Texas into the top 4. 

On 11/28/2023 at 5:48 PM, utenation said:

They put Ohio State at 6.  FSU is too high.  They just aren’t playing top grade ball right now without their QB. I think they lose to UL this week. 

Oregon deserves #4. The committee is sticking with undefeated teams in the top 4.  Nobody will convince me FSU is a better team than Oregon right now. 

But if Oregon beats Washington I think they are in. If Texas beats OSU, The Cowboys aren’t ranked high enough to move Texas into the top 4. 

Gonna be real interesting. TCU lost the CCG last year and was still in. But slightly different set of circumstances compared to last year. It’s just the bias of undefeated vs not. We’ll see how the rankings look in the future with a 12 team playoff.

• Like 1