2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 12/2/2023 at 12:03 PM, glduck said:

I hope Fla State loses today and Texas jumps Ohio State to get the 4 seed. Georgia vs Texas would be a fun 1v4. Also, fuck Ohio State.

I know there’s not much difference between the 2/3, but Washington really should be the 2 seed. 

How would they view the B12 as an average conference?  It also depends on how important being a conference champ is. 

I’m guessing some of it depends on how tight Bama keeps it with UGA. I also think FSU would have to get blown out by UL. If UGA loses to Bama in a tight one, does UGA drop out of the top 4?

Texas would be new blood in the playoffs but anything with Bama, Ohio State, Texas in the mix is distasteful to me. 

I find Texas in the CFP distasteful too, they’re one of the two fanbases out there I can’t stand (Ohio State being the other). But if Fla State loses today, I’d give them the 4. The B1G was better than the Big 12 this year but I’d reward a conference champ + that road win over Bama is better than Ohio State’s win over Notre Dame.

Still distasteful tho, I agree. At least it would come at the expense of the other fanbase I hate.

On 12/2/2023 at 1:25 PM, glduck said:

I find Texas in the CFP distasteful too, they’re one of the two fanbases out there I can’t stand (Ohio State being the other). But if Fla State loses today, I’d give them the 4. The B1G was better than the Big 12 this year but I’d reward a conference champ + that road win over Bama is better than Ohio State’s win over Notre Dame.

Still distasteful tho, I agree. At least it would come at the expense of the other fanbase I hate.

Very well could happen. But they don’t always take conference champs. 

2021 UGA/Bama. Both teams had 1 loss going into selection. UGA lost the SEC title game to Bama but was still selected for the playoffs. 

Last week I said Oregon should be # 4 above FSU. They have looked like dogshit without their QB. 

But nobody listens to me. lol.

On 12/2/2023 at 11:03 AM, glduck said:

I hope Fla State loses today and Texas jumps Ohio State to get the 4 seed. Georgia vs Texas would be a fun 1v4. Also, fuck Ohio State.

I know there’s not much difference between the 2/3, but Washington really should be the 2 seed. 

I stand corrected. It gives me absolutely no pleasure to say this, but Washington deserves to be the #1 seed.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 4:24 PM, glduck said:

I stand corrected. It gives me absolutely no pleasure to say this, but Washington deserves to be the #1 seed.

If Michigan loses or plays like cheeks, it is possible.  It would suck to be #2 to Michigan's #1 and have them select the Rose Bowl.

On 12/2/2023 at 5:30 PM, win2bfree said:

If Michigan loses or plays like cheeks, it is possible.  It would suck to be #2 to Michigan's #1 and have them select the Rose Bowl.

My parents are big Washington fans, I was this close to buying Rose Bowl tickets last night for them thinking there's no way Georgia loses tomorrow, better start looking into New Orleans now I guess.

Jawja gotta go.

A Florida State win tonight is what fascinates me. UW, Mich, Fla State have to be locks. Texas straight up beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa, but can you imagine the committee keeping the SEC out? I think they’d rather take cyanide pills than show up for the selection show tomorrow. But if you put in Bama over Texas, what’s the goddamn point of playing the games?

Or does the committee do the unthinkable and remove a deserving 13-0 Fla State from the equation via a Kenyon Martin decision? I don’t think can/should do this, but christ, if there are two power brokers in college football you don’t want to fuck with, it’s probably Bama and Texas.

Committee has to be praying for Louisville tonight.

On 12/2/2023 at 5:52 PM, Trojan209 said:

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in the committee room. If Michigan and FSU both win, do they stick with precedent of a team that went 12-0 but lost its CCG or do they move Georgia below Texas because of the common opponent being Alabama?

They are going to be up late tonight. Bring the coffee, smokes and cocaine folks. 

• Haha 1