P12 Hoops 23/24

utenation

On 11/10/2023 at 8:38 PM, glduck said:

Not sure, but I remember them hilariously losing Coach K’s home finale and then had to have a really awkward ceremony afterwards. I wanted to inject that straight into my veins.

I’m normally all over the stats. Too lazy tonight. I’ll look it up though. 

On 11/10/2023 at 8:19 PM, utenation said:

I wonder what Duke’s home record is the last 10 years or so?  I can’t imagine them having too many losses. 

Including the 2 games they have played so far this season over the past 10 seasons they are 149-19 at home which includes the outlier covid season were they lost 5 games.  Going back to the 99-00 season they are 369-35

On 11/11/2023 at 8:35 AM, clpp01 said:

Including the 2 games they have played so far this season over the past 10 seasons they are 149-19 at home which includes the outlier covid season were they lost 5 games.  Going back to the 99-00 season they are 369-35

Thanks for looking it up. Call it 90% the last 10. And yeah they were 13-11 overall during Covid. 

Since 1999, almost 92%. 

On 11/16/2023 at 9:14 PM, utenation said:

Nice win for Utah tonight. Wake Forest is a quick gritty team. Our zone defense bothered them in the second half. 

Branden Carlson was money tonight. 31 points, 5 blocks. 

Not sure about playing Houston next. They are super good defensively. 

Caught the last 10 minutes (son had a game) and liked their intensity.  Carlson looks less soft underneath so far.

Houston completely eliminated our height advantage. Their 6’7” dudes played like 7 footers. Long arms. All their guards go right up the chest of our shot blockers. 

6 point game with a minute to go but they pulled away with late 3’s.  Utah played good. Just outmatched in this one. 

I think Utah will be a bubble team if we stay remotely healthy. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 4:20 PM, utenation said:

Utah hanging tough with #6 Houston. 1 point game with about 7 mins to go. 

Madsen on fire with 7 threes.

Finished 8 threes.  I think UH kept us in this with 50% FT shooting.  But up until UH hitting back to back threes we actually had a puncher’s chance.  Again I got to see about the last 8 minutes.