P12 Hoops 23/24

utenation

On 11/17/2023 at 4:46 PM, Chile_Ute said:

Finished 8 threes.  I think UH kept us in this with 50% FT shooting.  But up until UH hitting back to back threes we actually had a puncher’s chance.  Again I got to see about the last 8 minutes.

STJohn’s. Another game where we were exposed by a much quicker stronger team. We were never a threat in this game. 

I like Worster as a distributor but he’s a tall, heavy, slow guard. We really lack quickness 1-3.  St John’s also has 2  big guys that look like Karl Malone making our bigs look like soft noodles pushing them out of the paint.  

We really get exposed by quick, strong 6’7” guys that crash the boards. 

Craig wanted height this year but it’s bitten us in the ass against two good teams. And oh yeah, Pitino can coach. Lol.

On 11/19/2023 at 4:40 PM, utenation said:

Jesus @MrBug708, the Maui Invitational is loaded with top teams. 4 teams in the top 7. 

This will be fun to watch. I think Cronin likes these kinda games. 

We are going 1-2 in this tournament. Chaminade will be the lone win. I think the team is gonna need a Herculean effort from Cronin to make the tournament. High ceiling bur extremely raw and young. Lazer is going to play 34 minutes for us after being rotational for you guys prior.

On 11/20/2023 at 7:29 PM, utenation said:

Ought Oh @MrBug708, Bill Walton is doing the Maui games today. 

I wonder if we’re going to hear about how good Wooden was and a break down of every UCLA player that has made the NBA?

This man lost his marbles decades ago. 

While true, I still find him entertaining. 

On 11/20/2023 at 8:04 PM, Mano said:

While true, I still find him entertaining. 

I know it’s either love or hate.  I just don’t need to hear stories of him planting a cactus at the bottom of the Grand Canyon 30 years ago and now 2 local Indian tribes have it as their official tribal flower. 

I do laugh at him basically saying the B12 is a truck stop conference. That pisses all those guys off for sure. 

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2023 at 7:17 PM, MrBug708 said:

We are going 1-2 in this tournament. Chaminade will be the lone win. I think the team is gonna need a Herculean effort from Cronin to make the tournament. High ceiling bur extremely raw and young. Lazer is going to play 34 minutes for us after being rotational for you guys prior.

Damn. Tough loss. Great game. Marquette is legit. Quickest team I’ve seen this year. This was anyone’s game. I had a feeling Cronin would have them ready. 

Bona is a god damn beast. Built like a brick shithouse.  I hate to say it but Lazer looks more natural in this system. Better passing, better spacing, flow and better coaching.  He had an open look on the last shot. 

Bona needs to watch his foul trouble. 

Very entertaining game. 

On 11/20/2023 at 5:18 PM, utenation said:

@Buff_Fan, every game I’ve watched today, CU is mentioned a lot.  It’s nice to get some media love. 

CU favored by 9.5 tonight. Time to whip some ass. 

Buffs were fine yesterday, that’s it.  Williams is a true freshman, offensively he is up and down.  That said, he is really good defensively, which is rare.  

this team will co to use to grow as the year goes on.  Let’s see what they do against fsu today.  

This attention must be the prime effect, no? ;)

On 11/19/2023 at 6:02 PM, utenation said:

STJohn’s. Another game where we were exposed by a much quicker stronger team. We were never a threat in this game. 

I like Worster as a distributor but he’s a tall, heavy, slow guard. We really lack quickness 1-3.  St John’s also has 2  big guys that look like Karl Malone making our bigs look like soft noodles pushing them out of the paint.  

We really get exposed by quick, strong 6’7” guys that crash the boards. 

Craig wanted height this year but it’s bitten us in the ass against two good teams. And oh yeah, Pitino can coach. Lol.

Saw that….broke my Ute pint glass half way through the first half.  It was a sign.

Agree about Worster….journeyman but he looks like a 45 year old church league player.

aside from the loss I see improvement so far…but we need some faster guards to be brought up soon.

@Chile_Ute, St Mary’s is nice and slow like we are. Our bigs were better in this game. Not a ton of points but better play.  Nice points from the guard line. 

The Gales aren’t that good this year.  They lost to Weber State at home for Hell’s sake.

Certainly nowhere as quick and aggressive as Houston and St. John’s. 

Still a decent road win against a name brand WCC team.  A Quad 1 win I believe. Nice to see Keita back with some boards and defense. 

On 11/27/2023 at 11:08 PM, utenation said:

@Chile_Ute, St Mary’s is nice and slow like we are. Our bigs were better in this game. Not a ton of points but better play.  Nice points from the guard line. 

The Gales aren’t that good this year.  They lost to Weber State at home for Hell’s sake.

Certainly nowhere as quick and aggressive as Houston and St. John’s. 

Still a decent road win against a name brand WCC team.  Nice to see Keita back with some boards and defense. 

That is a road game we lose last year.  Held them off and overall didn’t go on long droughts.  I’ll take it.