DeBoer Wants to Bring Change to BAMA

HLB

The Innovator: Kalen DeBoer Poised to Bring Change, Explosiveness to Tuscaloosa (msn.com)

Alabama has been the winningest CFB program and the trend setter for all of CFB since 2008.  With his youngest team, and least experienced team (since his first season), Saban took BAMA to the playoffs.  Had they not repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, and played so poorly against Michigan, they probably would have won another NC.

Under Saban, BAMA had 12-wins seasons, or more, for 10 straight years.  And now DeBoer wants to "bring change" to a program that has been the benchmark for all of CFB.

Wow.  Apparently he thinks BAMA, under Saban, wasn't doing things very well.

He doesn't get it.  He doesn't understand that the SEC is a tougher hill to climb, with a stronger slate of teams to conquer.  There are very, very few weeks off.

In 2024, BAMA has 7 games of note:  @Wisconsin, Georgia, @Tennessee, Missouri, @LSU, @Oklahoma and Auburn.  Coming in with the same offense and mindset that he had at UW will not lead BAMA to the wins needed to make the playoffs.  Georgia and LSU are already losses.  Tennessee is probably a loss.  Missouri won't be an easy out.  And Auburn will be much improved is never a sure win.  As I stated before, I see four losses coming out of these seven games.  If DeBoer tries to convert BAMA into the Alabama Huskies, which he seems to be intent on doing, it won't yield the results he thinks he will get.

The weekly competition in the SEC is more difficult than the weekly competition he faced in the PAC12; and BAMA's 2024 schedule isn't the SEC's most difficult schedule.

Nice guy.  Wrong hire.  BAMA fans, who have a low tolerance for losses, will also have a short leash if things go awry quickly.  An 8-4 season at BAMA is intolerable and will greatly impact recruiting.  Two seasons like this will have boosters calling for his dismissal.  This is a Harsin 2.0 hire, that I don't think will is going to end well.

This nonsense of a book by an SEC Troll that claimed Washington would get smashed by Texas the last two seasons. 

USC would smash Utah and be a playoff team the last two years. Oregon and UW had no chance to make the playoffs. Nix and Penix had zero shot to make it to NY for the Heisman ceremony.

Keep flapping your lips dummy. Lol. 

On 2/5/2024 at 7:13 AM, HLB said:

The Innovator: Kalen DeBoer Poised to Bring Change, Explosiveness to Tuscaloosa (msn.com)

Alabama has been the winningest CFB program and the trend setter for all of CFB since 2008.  With his youngest team, and least experienced team (since his first season), Saban took BAMA to the playoffs.  Had they not repeatedly shot themselves in the foot, and played so poorly against Michigan, they probably would have won another NC.

Under Saban, BAMA had 12-wins seasons, or more, for 10 straight years.  And now DeBoer wants to "bring change" to a program that has been the benchmark for all of CFB.

Wow.  Apparently he thinks BAMA, under Saban, wasn't doing things very well.

He doesn't get it.  He doesn't understand that the SEC is a tougher hill to climb, with a stronger slate of teams to conquer.  There are very, very few weeks off.

In 2024, BAMA has 7 games of note:  @Wisconsin, Georgia, @Tennessee, Missouri, @LSU, @Oklahoma and Auburn.  Coming in with the same offense and mindset that he had at UW will not lead BAMA to the wins needed to make the playoffs.  Georgia and LSU are already losses.  Tennessee is probably a loss.  Missouri won't be an easy out.  And Auburn will be much improved is never a sure win.  As I stated before, I see four losses coming out of these seven games.  If DeBoer tries to convert BAMA into the Alabama Huskies, which he seems to be intent on doing, it won't yield the results he thinks he will get.

The weekly competition in the SEC is more difficult than the weekly competition he faced in the PAC12; and BAMA's 2024 schedule isn't the SEC's most difficult schedule.

Nice guy.  Wrong hire.  BAMA fans, who have a low tolerance for losses, will also have a short leash if things go awry quickly.  An 8-4 season at BAMA is intolerable and will greatly impact recruiting.  Two seasons like this will have boosters calling for his dismissal.  This is a Harsin 2.0 hire, that I don't think will is going to end well.

Do you have some sort of medical immunity to embarrassment?

On 2/7/2024 at 7:15 AM, trickydlck said:

I dunno. I think he may be on to something here.

You see. It’s all about trends. Specifically “trending” up or down. I’ve been told Washington has been trending down for several years now compared to SEC programs like Texas. 

Certainly Ken has been trending down in this time period. And he has already failed despite him coaching 1 snap at Bama.

The sooner you start listening to his logical analysis the better. It’s all balls on accurate. 

On 2/6/2024 at 3:30 PM, Quack 12 said:

Vandy, Mississippi State, Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky, A&M, Tennessee. It's a veritable gauntlet.

I think the best ever was when he told us Jayden Daniels was a terrible QB in a terrible conference at ASU but magically became a top shelf Heisman stud once he went to the SEC. 

You’d think he would regress in the SEC that apparently rivals the AFC South in the NFL. 

• Like 1