2024 Spring Football

utenation

Reports?  News? transfers? Progress? 

Utah news: Cam Rising is finally back and looks smooth. Same as Kuithe.  USC transfer Singer leading the WR room. 

I think Utah and KW are slobbering to get the season started with a legit playoff run. 

Utah is projected top 15 in all major publications. I’ve seen Oregon, Washington and Arizona ranked high as well. 

I think Oregon is 7-8 players over the limit after NSD and the initial portal window, so we’ll see a bunch of kids jumping ship the latter half of spring ball (spring portal window April 15-30).

A few positions to sort out but hopefully things stay injury-free and Gabriel starts to develop a good rhythm with the receivers.

On 3/16/2024 at 6:24 PM, glduck said:

I think Oregon is 7-8 players over the limit after NSD and the initial portal window, so we’ll see a bunch of kids jumping ship the latter half of spring ball (spring portal window April 15-30).

A few positions to sort out but hopefully things stay injury-free and Gabriel starts to develop a good rhythm with the receivers.

I’m interested to see how Gabriel does.  You guys have figured out how to plug and play these guys very well. 

USC WR transfer Dorian Singer getting high praise from Whittingham. He doesn’t hand out compliments lightly. 

I think he’s getting the ball this year. 

Our best 2024 4 star QB recruit Isaac Wilson is making a legit push for the 2 spot. I like this kid. Was a monster in HS. He’s just around 6ft. Might be an issue. 

I think Rose gets the job but Wilson is a machine. 

Defense looking good. We lost a lot in our secondary but picked up some studs in the Portal. 

On 3/16/2024 at 8:54 PM, utenation said:

I’m interested to see how Gabriel does.  You guys have figured out how to plug and play these guys very well. 

His arm is shit. Good player tho. 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:06 PM, utenation said:

Reports?  News? transfers? Progress? 

Utah news: Cam Rising is finally back and looks smooth. Same as Kuithe.  USC transfer Singer leading the WR room. 

I think Utah and KW are slobbering to get the season started with a legit playoff run. 

Utah is projected top 15 in all major publications. I’ve seen Oregon, Washington and Arizona ranked high as well. 

You make these post about the Utes as if you're at all of the practices and in all of the coaches' meetings.

I'm about 1,400 miles away and haven't looked up one thing about Utes football, and I can tell you that Utah is a 9-3 to 10-2 team, in 2024, and should be playing for the Big12 Championship.  They will be one of the conference's better teams.

On 3/26/2024 at 5:59 PM, HLB said:

You make these post about the Utes as if you're at all of the practices and in all of the coaches' meetings.

I'm about 1,400 miles away and haven't looked up one thing about Utes football, and I can tell you that Utah is a 9-3 to 10-2 team, in 2024, and should be playing for the Big12 Championship.  They will be one of the conference's better teams.

Well that’s why you’re a Pulitzer Prize winning author and I’m just a scrubby Ute fan.  I’m sure you’re making the big bucks with all your sport’s articles and books. You can get much better inside info and calculate much quicker. 

When does your next book come out?  Most of us here hoped you jumped off a 30 story building but I think @Quack 12 offered to be your next editor. I fear that you two would have big issues on accuracy though. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 10:48 AM, utenation said:

Big loss for Utah. He’s a stud. I hate non season injuries. We had a ton last year. 

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2024/04/02/utah-lineback-levani-damuni-injury/

Pretty sure he is out the entire season, that injury typically takes over a year. Feel terrible for the kid, for the team they should have time to either get someone else up to speed or grab someone else out of the portal.

On 4/3/2024 at 11:17 AM, Mano said:

Pretty sure he is out the entire season, that injury typically takes over a year. Feel terrible for the kid, for the team they should have time to either get someone else up to speed or grab someone else out of the portal.

Bingo on the timing. We can adjust this early.  Unlike fall camp a week before the season. We had a lot of that last year. Brandon Rose for example. Damuni came into his own last year.  It will be nice to have Barton Back. Let's hope he holds up. He's All American NFL talent. Reid isn't half bad either. And he's been durable. 

On 3/16/2024 at 7:24 PM, glduck said:

My last count was 92, the latest chileduck update has it at 87. I think a couple of the ST guys we weren't sure about ended up being walkons.