NFL Thread

PAC MAN

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

afc east: patriots win this division by halloween. i'm doing two things that no one should ever do: i'm buying into the miami dolphins and jay cutler. there's something about cutler's ability to shotgun a beer on the sidelines and then trot out and play serviceable quarterback i find endearing. pats win 13 or 14 games, dolphins snag a wild card with a nod to the other half of the division that threw up their arms and gave up on the season in OTAs.

afc north: the north is always a befuddling quagmire because it seems like the entire division (sans cleveland) is always mathematically alive going into W17. like, if 9 games go a certain way, a 9-7 ravens team will sneak into the playoffs via winning a 4-team tiebreaker. or something. i like pittsburgh to win this is division in ugly fashion, which is really the only way one can win the north.

afc south: remember when indy put all that offensive talent around peyton, then built the perfect defense (pass rushers + turnover artists) for a team that was usually up a few touchdowns in the second half? i wonder why they stopped doing that for andrew luck. i'm taking the titans to win the south. the texans have a great defense and i do like deshaun watson, but let's rise above that and let homerism win out, hmm? also, the jaguars still bafflingly exist.

afc west: this seems like one of the most well-balanced divisions in the league. it should probably be espn's showcase division, but of course nobody will ever pry that honor away from the nfc east. i think every team has a legitimate shot at 8-8 or better, but i'll take the raiders for the win and the chiefs to claim a wild card. these picks also allow me to continue to root against trump afficianado and horse-face caricature john elway, and the team who just underwent the dumbest franchise relocation of all time.

nfc east: i see little to stop the cowboys except karma, and if karma existed jerry jones would have died in the 80s. Little Brother should find a way to get the giants a wild card berth, even with odell losing his leg in that meaningless exhibition the nfl makes all these teams go through.

nfc north: the only thing bringing the packers down is the horrible stench of the rest of this division. lions and vikes might look good one week, but don't let them fool you. they're professional losers. the chicago cubs might be able to beat the bears at football.

nfc south: this division is always the most chaotic in football, and glduck has picked up on that. so despite returning the bulk of a super bowl roster and an mvp, lets give this one to tampa bay, quarterbacked by an evil Friday Night Lights character come to life. but i'll give the falcons a wild card nod because i'm not crazy.

nfc west: not long ago, this was the best division in football. "even the rams play elite defense!" then things reverted to normal. it looks like you could write a ho-hum 11-5 season for seattle in stone, but the cardinals did almost nothing to address their biggest rival (old age) and larry fitzgerald is unfortunately going to end his career with a thud. the rams might dare to dream about 6 wins (aaron donald, though?) while the niners might be among the league's most grotesque spectacles. 

On 8/21/2017 at 5:55 PM, Jalapeno said:

To be fair, Jacksonville has a sizable naval complex there so signing Kaepernick might not be the best idea to do so as to alienate the local fanbase.

Every week it's like "okay, THIS is the dumbest thing Jalapeno has said."

On 8/21/2017 at 11:21 AM, Jalapeno said:

He nearly got Siemian killed on one play.  Hopefully Broncos OC Mike McCoy (who made Tebow a decent QB) will line up a pass blocking TE to help him out.  Broncos are one bad hit on the QB away from disaster.

You can teach guys to be more disciplined.  You can't teach the athletic ability and innate aggressiveness he has.  Stop talking.

Broncos closed out the preseason with a perfect 4-0 record...like that means something.  Coach VJ has some decisions to make this weekend and TJ Ward (former Duck) is on his way out.  Will be the first of many moves in the coming years as the Broncos have Von Miller's contract to worry about.

rumors flying that the seahawks have traded jermaine kearse to the jets, which makes sense because he's owed about $8 mil over the next two years and kasen williams has been AMAZING this preseason. trade out one former husky for another. much love, kearse -- your target % was comically low but you've made some of the biggest catches in franchise history. 

patriots also trades cb justin coleman to seattle for a late round pick.

The Jets:  It looks like your defense is finally taking a step backwards after all these years of dominance.  How about we give you a dominant DT who will consistently generate pressure and free up space for your other defenders?

Seattle: Thanks! It looks like you won't have anyone decent at QB for a couple of years so here is a mediocre WR who is almost 28 years old. 

Jets: you have yourselves a deal!

If Seattle can stay healthy and has even average OL play, they just punched their ticket to the Super Bowl.

Avril

Bennett

Richardson

Clark

They may never have to blitz on obvious passing downs with those elite four pass rushers on the DL.  It's doubtful they can re-sign Richardson next year but it's well worth a year rental.  This may be an all-time great defense like the '85 Bears and '00 Ravens.  All Hail I'm not sure what Oakland could have offered the Jets to get Richardson, and with the terrible KNJ as DC, I'm not sure if Richardson would matter.  Expect a lot of 35-31 Raider games this year.

8 minutes ago, PapaG said:

If Seattle can stay healthy and has even average OL play, they just punched their ticket to the Super Bowl.

Avril

Bennett

Richardson

Clark

They may never have to blitz on obvious passing downs with those elite four pass rushers on the DL.  It's doubtful they can re-sign Richardson next year but it's well worth a year rental.  This may be an all-time great defense like the '85 Bears and '00 Ravens.  All Hail I'm not sure what Oakland could have offered the Jets to get Richardson, and with the terrible KNJ as DC, I'm not sure if Richardson would matter.  Expect a lot of 35-31 Raider games this year.

17-tobias-shower-crying-2.nocrop.w536.h2

Archived