ncaa tournament thread

glduck

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what Randy Bennetts strategy will be on Saturday? 

Does he slow the game down and try to beat Sean Miller at half court basketball?

Or

Does he tells his kids to "Let 'er rip" and see which coaches kids can hit more long range jump shots/run the court faster?

It'll be interesting to see what he elects to do

Tournament seemed to be mostly chalk today with a few very predictable upsets. In the bracket at my work, 4 people only missed 1, I missed 2 ( I had VCU and Vandy ). From experience this tells me that tomorrow will be chaos.

For the record, my final 4 picks are Villanova, West Virginia, Kansas and UCLA, with Kansas winning. I am sure I just doomed them all to lose early.

13 hours ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

I wonder what Randy Bennetts strategy will be on Saturday? 

Does he slow the game down and try to beat Sean Miller at half court basketball?

Or

Does he tells his kids to "Let 'er rip" and see which coaches kids can hit more long range jump shots/run the court faster?

It'll be interesting to see what he elects to do

He's Randy Bennett.  Every possession is going to be planned and extended well into the shot clock.

7 minutes ago, glduck said:

18 point halftime lead. 68% from the floor.

I hope that Dana allows Pritchard this freedom the rest of this tournament and into next year.  He's so fun to watch and is putting on a PG clinic today.

random round 1 thoughts:

of the multi bid leagues, the pac 12 is 5-0 and the wcc is 2-0. west coast showed up to play.

remember a few years ago when ******Aztec claimed the mwc was "easily" the better hoops conference? 1 bid league. their champion bowed out feebly against a mid level big 12 team.

not a lot of upsets and the ones that happened most people saw coming from a mile away (mid tennessee state, xavier, Rhode Island). just a down year for mid majors, or has reclassification (example: the big east reloading with butler, xavier, and creighton) hurt the upset craze?

Archived