ncaa tournament thread

glduck

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

I saw the other day that the lakers lose their pick if it's not a top 3 pick?  Was it a trade?

Yes, LA traded their 2013 & 2015 1st round picks to Phoenix in a sign and trade for ****** Nash, the 15 first rounder was top 5 protected and top 3 protected last year and this year and will be unprotected next season if the Lakers keep it this summer.  The Suns foolishly traded it to Philly as part of a 3 team deal and all they got back was that miserable bum Brandon Knight.

5 hours ago, PapaG said:

Swanigan is this year's John Wallace or Sean May.  Great college player who isn't going to be a big factor in the NBA.  As for defending, Burton for Iowa State was abusing Swanigan, who doesn't have the foot speed to keep up with elite athletes.

5 hours ago, PapaG said:

I'm not sure about the "not even close" part, but he's the best player I saw all year and I think he'll be the #1 pick even if Boston wins the pick.

5 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

I'm hoping the NBA saves it's brand and fixes the lottery for the Lakers

5 hours ago, glduck said:

i would be shocked if they didn't.

3 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

It would be a welcome change

3 hours ago, glduck said:

it just feels right. there are certain things that come along that make too much sense for the nba not to intervene -- ewing to new york, lebron to cleveland, ball to los angeles. 

2 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Ball should join Lebron and take away the Warriors fans reason for living.  The Lakers would still suck.

1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

It's not free agency haha

1 hour ago, RogueDuck said:

I saw the other day that the lakers lose their pick if it's not a top 3 pick?  Was it a trade?

51 minutes ago, clpp01 said:

Yes, LA traded their 2013 & 2015 1st round picks to Phoenix in a sign and trade for ****** Nash, the 15 first rounder was top 5 protected and top 3 protected last year and this year and will be unprotected next season if the Lakers keep it this summer.  The Suns foolishly traded it to Philly as part of a 3 team deal and all they got back was that miserable bum Brandon Knight.

15 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Yup. An incredibly bad trade for ****** Nash

Um, guys, this is not an NBA thread, this is the NCAA tournament thread

We already have a different thread for NBA talk.

3 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

Oregon lady's upset Duke 74-65, onto the sweet 16.

i watched the second half! amazing what I can watch and find interesting when the players are wearing the right logo. normally, women's basketball puts me to sleep.

our young ducks took it to a 2-seed who was 17-0 at cameron indoor prior to today. graves has already earned a lifetime contract as far as I'm concerned.

13 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Talking about Lonzo Ball is pretty on topic

Yes, what he is doing in the tournament is on topic

No, what his NBA upside is NOT on topic

No, talking about what teams should trade to get him is NOT on topic

No, what you think about the NBA draft process is NOT on topic

No, someones disdain for another NBA fan base is NOT on topic

etc etc

58 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

I think he was speaking in the sense that they'd lose a scorer, but I'd imagine Ball would get the ball to other players in space.

In a best case scenario, it would take Ball at least 3-4 years to be as good as Kyrie is now.  This is what I was talking about.  

Archived