Pac-12 Hoops

glduck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, great win!

That block/charge call with 22 seconds left..... it was absolutely a charge, so ultimately the correct call was made (on the reversal) buuuuuut I can’t believe they actually reviewed it. Am I wrong? They can only go to a review in that situation if there’s a question regarding the restricted area, and that Ute defender’s feet were a SOLID 4 feet in front of the line. So... I don’t really know how they justified the review?

Am I missing a rule change? Again, totally a charge. 

1 minute ago, glduck said:

Yep, great win!

That block/charge call with 22 seconds left..... it was absolutely a charge, so ultimately the correct call was made (on the reversal) buuuuuut I can’t believe they actually reviewed it. Am I wrong? They can only go to a review in that situation if there’s a question regarding the restricted area, and that Ute defender’s feet were a SOLID 4 feet in front of the line. So... I don’t really know how they justified the review?

I don't know exactly how the rule for video review works, but the refs were not very good, made questionable calls both ways all night.

1 minute ago, glduck said:

Yep, great win!

I was shocked that they reviewed it too, but the refs told the crew that they were reviewing the spot of the call. If they called it that way from the beginning that it was only a block because of the defender's positioning, that is plenty of justification. 

1 hour ago, glduck said:

Yep, great win!

My guess is that they knew they blew it and used that as an excuse.

Well, Oregon finishes the non-con 11-2, which is a few games better than I anticipated considering the schedule and the experience level going in. While I think the #4 ranking is probably justified considering who we’ve beat, I don’t think we are, in fact, one of the 4 best teams in the nation.

Pritchard is probably the runaway Pac-12 POY at this point, and he and Duarte and Mathis are a really fun backcourt. 

Most interested in seeing how Walker and N’Faly develop. They’re raw as shit but Walker has already shown visible signs of progress. 

I think I said this previously, but aside from N’Faly, who I imagine was always going to be a 1-and-done, if there was ever an Altman class that was going to stick around for a few years I pray it’s this one. Walker, Lawson, and Patterson all have all-conference potential in future seasons.

We’ll probably lose Thursday because we always lose in Boulder but here’s to a run at the Pac title and a high seed.

2 hours ago, glduck said:

Well, Oregon finishes the non-con 11-2, which is a few games better than I anticipated considering the schedule and the experience level going in. While I think the #4 ranking is probably justified considering who we’ve beat, I don’t think we are, in fact, one of the 4 best teams in the nation.

Pritchard is probably the runaway Pac-12 POY at this point, and he and Duarte and Mathis are a really fun backcourt. 

Most interested in seeing how Walker and N’Faly develop. They’re raw as shit but Walker has already shown visible signs of progress. 

I think I said this previously, but aside from N’Faly, who I imagine was always going to be a 1-and-done, if there was ever an Altman class that was going to stick around for a few years I pray it’s this one. Walker, Lawson, and Patterson all have all-conference potential in future seasons.

We’ll probably lose Thursday because we always lose in Boulder but here’s to a run at the Pac title and a high seed.

Patterson has really improved also.  He looked lost the first half of the schedule, now he's out there looking really good at times.  

Oregon St. prepare now for today's shellacking.  Your 8th year Senior Tres Trinkle Down Economics won't be enough, and Gary Payton's has no new offspring to deliver you tonight.  Utah 63 Oregon St. 60

giphy.gif    

Utah may have been blown out by Coastal Carolina and lost to Tulane, but that was all a diversion tactic to bring us to where we are today.  

Archived