Pac-12 Hoops

glduck

Ive hear reports that if we can't play football this year, lots of schools won't have enough money to continue their athletic programs.  Hopefully we can do something, even if it's a year of no fans in the stands.  Confrence's can make up a lot of money on TV deals.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

Ive hear reports that if we can't play football this year, lots of schools won't have enough money to continue their athletic programs.  Hopefully we can do something, even if it's a year of no fans in the stands.  Confrence's can make up a lot of money on TV deals.

They do make a lot of money on TV deals, But a much higher percentage of their money is derived from attendance than is the percentage of attendance related revenue of the NFL.  It will be interesting to see what decisions are made.  I’d guess a much higher chance of non-attendance games in the NFL than NCAA.

it’s very problematic that decisions will have to be made prior to the “second wave”.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:01 PM, KUGRDON said:

They do make a lot of money on TV deals, But a much higher percentage of their money is derived from attendance than is the percentage of attendance related revenue of the NFL.  It will be interesting to see what decisions are made.  I’d guess a much higher chance of non-attendance games in the NFL than NCAA.

it’s very problematic that decisions will have to be made prior to the “second wave”.

Well the so-called president you support is doing nothing to scale up testing and contact-tracing, the two items that any drooling retard in any corner of the globe knows we need in order to do something like, say, open up stadiums to fans.

But keep speaking in passive voice like we don't ALL know this is what's happening.  The emperor is walking around with his tiny dick out, and you're saying "wow, hope things become better."

🙄

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oregon lands LJ Figueroa, a 6’6 St Johns transfer who averaged 14.6 points and 1.9 steals last year. He’ll need to sit, but he’s petitioning for a waiver and citing COVID, so I would imagine he’d have a good shot at getting it?

Wazzu lands Andrej Jakimovski, one of the top amateur European recruits out there. 

8 minutes ago, glduck said:

Oregon lands LJ Figueroa, a 6’6 St Johns transfer who averaged 14.6 points and 1.9 steals last year. He’ll need to sit, but he’s petitioning for a waiver and citing COVID, so I would imagine he’d have a good shot at getting it?

Wazzu lands Andrej Jakimovski, one of the top amateur European recruits out there. 

I'd imagine COVID works when you are going "home". Isn't LJ from Florida? Though I suppose he could cite Florida being too lax as a reason why he cant go there.

5 hours ago, glduck said:

That kid from St Johns gave us fits last year.

23 minutes ago, glduck said:

Kent was absolutely a worse hire than Bone. Bone was at least an up-and-coming mid-major coach. Nobody thought Kent would ever work again.

Not trying to start a fight, but I thought you and bug said that Kent was a good hire at the time.  I guess even that, if true, wouldn’t be inconsistent with what you are saying now, i.e. that he turned out to be a horrible hire.  He just never even made an effort.

On 6/26/2020 at 5:15 PM, KUGRDON said:

Not trying to start a fight, but I thought you and bug said that Kent was a good hire at the time.  I guess even that, if true, wouldn’t be inconsistent with what you are saying now, i.e. that he turned out to be a horrible hire.  He just never even made an effort.

I probably said something along the lines as Kent might be the best WSU could do

Archived