Pac-12 Hoops

glduck

13 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

If the game was 5 minutes shorter, they would be a 14 point underdog.  Lucky for UA, UW rarely plays the entire game.  

UA has a tendency to fuck away the last 5 minutes, too.  #RaceToTheBottom

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28885422/ncaa-says-tournament-go-fans

NCAA tournament to be played without fans.

The NCAA made the unprecedented decision Wednesday to hold its men's and women's basketball tournaments without fans because of the ongoing coronavirus crisis.

"The NCAA continues to assess the impact of COVID-19 in consultation with public health officials and our COVID-19 advisory panel," NCAA president Mark Emmert said in a statement. "Based on their advice and my discussions with the NCAA Board of Governors, I have made the decision to conduct our upcoming championship events, including the Division I men's and women's basketball tournaments, with only essential staff and limited family attendance.

11 minutes ago, glduck said:

And we’re officially cancelled.

Might be the only time I get to see Cal end a season with a win.  

Switching gears a bit, watching about 50 members of the media get uncomfortably close to each other and the Florida state basketball team during the aftermath of a tournament that was cancelled due to a global fucking pandemic is hard to watch.  It also shows how far away we are from containing this thing if this is still acceptable behavior.  

Archived