C/O 2020 Football Recruiting

KUGRDON

10 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Sure, it's the negative talk by fans -- it has nothing to do with his 13-12 record the past two seasons.

Are you saying negative talk is helping recruiting?

8-5 last year.  11-3 and 10-3, three and fours years ago.

Auburn's record since 2014:  8-5, 7-6, 8-5, 10-4, 8-5 and 9-4.  Overall, 62-31 under Malzahn with a 2-5 bowl record.  And yet they still bring in Top10 recruiting classes.

If you don't believe negative talk about a coach doesn't impact a recruits' thoughts on a school, coach or program, then you're just kidding yourself. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, fans should be saying, “That Clay Helton, he sure has the team headed in a great direction — we LOVE the 13-12 record the past two seasons.”

I am sure the teenage recruits will buy right into that.  

It has nothing to do with Clemson coming in and saying “Why play for a losing school, when you can play for national championships?”

You’re right, it’s the fan’s fault.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 9:50 AM, Scscsc89 said:

You can’t be so stupid to believe this is an actual argument.

If you don't think that recruits don't hear the negative comments about a coach, from fans, and that those comments don't play a role in their decision, you're kidding yourself.

On 3/30/2020 at 12:29 AM, HLB said:

If you don't think that recruits don't hear the negative comments about a coach, from fans, and that those comments don't play a role in their decision, you're kidding yourself.

That's a double negative. So, if I think that recruits do hear negative comments, I'm kidding myself?

He's a writer, ladies and gentlemen!

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 4:31 PM, Quack 12 said:

That's a double negative. So, if I think that recruits do hear negative comments, I'm kidding myself?

He's a writer, ladies and gentlemen!

You need to learn what a double negative is.

Both your statement and my statement are acceptable.

You can go here to validate, if you prefer:  https://www.grammarcheck.net/editor/

9 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

a double negative

9 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Are you really that stupid? There’s not a grammar error.  The double negative does change the meaning from what you intended.

It's not a double negative.

A double negative "is" a grammar error.  If then there is a double negative, then there would be a grammar error.  The fact that you claim their is no grammar error is affirmation that there is "no" double negative, as implied by @Quack 12.

Removing the second "don't", the statement reads:  "If you don't think that recruits hear negative comments …." implies negative comments are heard by recruits.

With the second "don't", the statement reads:  "If you don't think that recruits don't hear negative comments …."  implies negative comments are not heard by recruits.  (which is what I intended).

Removing the second "don't" changes the meaning of what was intended (but it's not a grammatical error).

A double negative would be:  "If you don't not think that recruits …."

On 4/4/2020 at 11:50 PM, HLB said:

It's not a double negative.

A double negative "is" a grammar error.  If then there is a double negative, then there would be a grammar error.  The fact that you claim their is no grammar error is affirmation that there is "no" double negative, as implied by @Quack 12.

Removing the second "don't", the statement reads:  "If you don't think that recruits hear negative comments …." implies negative comments are heard by recruits.

With the second "don't", the statement reads:  "If you don't think that recruits don't hear negative comments …."  implies negative comments are not heard by recruits.  (which is what I intended).

Removing the second "don't" changes the meaning of what was intended (but it's not a grammatical error).

A double negative would be:  "If you don't not think that recruits …."

It is the first don't you need to remove dumbass.

Your sentence implies that not thinking that that recruits do not hear about negative is a mistake, (therefore thinking that recruits do not hear the negative comments is correct) hence the double negative.

The proper sentence would be "If you think that recruits don't hear about negative comments ...  you're kidding yourself."

I'm sure you are one hell of an author.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Orange said:

Beavs pick up 4* linebacker, Mascarenas.  Highest ever defensive commit (which blows my mind; breckterfield must’ve been before star ratings?). 

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2020/05/easton-mascarenas-4-star-linebacker-commits-to-oregon-state-beavers-becomes-highest-rated-hs-defensive-pledge-in-program-history.html

You have a brother of his on the team, right?

Archived