Checking in

mugtang

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m working from home and haven’t seen the outside world in a few weeks. I assume it’s still out there.

My silver lining to all of this is that I legitimately don’t think I’ll ever have to shake another hand in my life. 

Wife works at Target and she did a stretch where she worked 11-12 days out of the last 12-13 days in addition to an extra $2/hour.  Paycheck for her is going to be real nice this week.  She’s doing good but I keep reminding her to wear masks and gloves provided by her employer.

Unlike my wife having to go to work, I’m at home in addition to work at home and I’m fighting to not go insane.  I was able to help out a church friend by buying their Xbox One so I have plenty to do in the house but every time I see it’s sunny outside, the urge to go out is difficult to resist.

Going to have to stock up for at least two weeks of food this week to ride out the burnt of this Coronavirus which should be bad this week.

Not much has changed in my day to day. I'm still working on the graveyard shift, so I've been social distancing for a while before it was required. The wife is teaching from home, so I just have my daughter until around 10am when I hit the sack and my MIL takes over the kid duties. The backyard is getting boring since we can't go to the park. 

Furloughed for a week of each of the next three months. So 25% pay reduction for Q2. Not terrible. 

On 4/4/2020 at 5:31 PM, Scscsc89 said:

I could live without all the Trump/maga PAC ads.   Hope Reno is safe

Stop searching for Trump stuff then!  Sorry it's google ad targeting.  They're probably doing a key word search off the site too.  If it makes you feel any better the economy cratering has collapsed my ad revenue from both my sites...

8 hours ago, Orange said:

Those of you quarantining without kids.  I want you to Live. 

Live for me.

I'm stuck in a house with a 12 year old girl who is pissed because I won't let her go see her friends or really do anything.  She says I'm taking it too seriously but it's better to be safe than sorry.  Send help!

On 4/4/2020 at 5:45 PM, glduck said:

I’m working from home and haven’t seen the outside world in a few weeks. I assume it’s still out there.

My silver lining to all of this is that I legitimately don’t think I’ll ever have to shake another hand in my life. 

I'm going to adopt this:

Demolition GIF - Demolition GIFs

My wife is an "essential employee" so she still works at the local senior center. It's closed though, so she makes meals to go and deliver. I'm working from home, and I thought I'd get more goof off time, but that hasn't happened, at all. 

16 hours ago, mugtang said:

Stop searching for Trump stuff then!  Sorry it's google ad targeting.  They're probably doing a key word search off the site too.  If it makes you feel any better the economy cratering has collapsed my ad revenue from both my sites...

Yeah, search for hot tub parts; it's a game changer.

1 hour ago, Quack 12 said:

My wife is an "essential employee" so she still works at the local senior center. It's closed though, so she makes meals to go and deliver. I'm working from home, and I thought I'd get more goof off time, but that hasn't happened, at all. 

Apparently you've got a f***ing hot tub, so you're better off than me.

On 4/6/2020 at 6:01 PM, mugtang said:

Agreed...I haven't searched for Trump stuff and yet I saw those across many platforms.  Google must be hurting for money too?

Archived