Checking in

mugtang

Haven’t posted in months. 

I sold my house a month ago to downsize. We are building and moved into an apartment during the build. The teens, my wife and I are going stir crazy. We went from 5300 square ft to 1000. I can do anything for 6 months. More family time has actually been a good thing. 

My wife delivers babies so I’m certain we will get sick at some point. My work went online. I’ve gain 9 pounds and feel shitty. Praying this gets over soon. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pac12Fan said:

Haven’t posted in months. 

I sold my house a month ago to downsize. We are building and moved into an apartment during the build. The teens, my wife and I are going stir crazy. We went from 5300 square ft to 1000. I can do anything for 6 months. More family time has actually been a good thing. 

My wife delivers babies so I’m certain we will get sick at some point. My work went online. I’ve gain 9 pounds and feel shitty. Praying this gets over soon. 

Is your wife being stolen from labor/delivery to treat COVID patients or anything?

I'm teaching from home, which hasn't been bad at all....it'll just be difficult to keep a decent chunk of students continuing through the end of the school year.  Somehow, I got strep throat while isolating.  That was not fun given the current circumstances.  We've used nearly all our wipes and all our disinfectant spray to sanitize the house so crossing our fingers the infection doesn't come back since we can't buy any of those things given the hoarding. 

6 hours ago, duckfandan said:

I'm teaching from home, which hasn't been bad at all....it'll just be difficult to keep a decent chunk of students continuing through the end of the school year.  Somehow, I got strep throat while isolating.  That was not fun given the current circumstances.  We've used nearly all our wipes and all our disinfectant spray to sanitize the house so crossing our fingers the infection doesn't come back since we can't buy any of those things given the hoarding. 

I don't think you can die from Strep, but I cant think of too many things that I really don't want to get more than Strep, COVID-19 included

8 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

I don't think you can die from Strep, but I cant think of too many things that I really don't want to get more than Strep, COVID-19 included

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/cheerleader-dies-sepsis-strep

Lilliana Schalck of Columbus, Ohio, was living a normal life when she passed away suddenly during a cheerleading competition in February. The 13-year-old had been healthy until just before she died, but an underlying—and common—strep infection caused her to develop sepsis, which ultimately took her life.

But it's pretty rare.

Archived