Seen any good movies lately?

Orange

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a Leonardo on Charlie Rose last night. I don't know if it was for the role in The Revenant, but the kid had put on a lot of weight and his face looked rather chipmunk like. It made me feel better about myself.

The "kid" is 41 years old.  Bout time he started looking his age.

Totally agree -- you have the biggest movie franchise in history, all the time and money in the world, and Hayden Christensen is the best you can do?

It would be hard to fuck it up more on purpose. Hmmm, wait a minute .....

Adam Driver delivered a really good performance, the performance Hayden should have. What's crazy about 1-3, is they landed some really good actors for the Jedi, except the one the entire thing is about. How did the f that up so bad? Never have a Jar Jar, and have a better actor as Skywalker, and I think the entire thing is remembered differently.

BTW when is it to early to start speculating on here who's Rey's parents?

Ricky Gervais was, once again, the only reason to watch the Globes.  The exchange with Mel Gibson was worth the price of admission.  I have slightly more respect for Mel now.

Nice work, Denzel, in forgetting your speech.  Never have I seen such a contrast from eloquence to dottering old fool than I saw when he attempted to follow his own highlight reel with a string of stuttering thank yous for getting the Cecil B Demille award.

• 2 weeks later...

There has to be some kind of switch in the brain for these guys when they hit 60, because the same shit happened to Pacino. He's been phoning it in since The Recruit.

To be fair, Pacino made lots of bad movies before 60 also. He was in some great ones, no doubt, but he had some awful movies also.

Saw all except for Spectre.

Sicario is scary good.  As frightening as any horror movie.  Serious, serious shit.  You'll need to watch it to be informed for Oscar voting.

Bridge of Spies is classic Spielberg thriller storytelling.  It's the kind of movie you like, but your parents RAVE about.  Definitely worth seeing, regardless.  Supporting work by the dude playing the Soviet spy is especially memorable.  Tom Hanks just feels like everyone's father.  Dependable, wise, humorous, and always your hero.

The Martian is a good thriller, and worth watching purely for Matt Damon's performance.  The bureaucratic tripe on earth drags a little for me.  I wish I could watch a cut version with only Mars events.

I watched Sicario tonight. Almost didn't watch it because I don't particularly like violence or suspense/horror movies. I thought the movie was much tamer than you described. Good movie could've ended with more energy.

I don't watch old movies very often but I just watched As Good As It Gets. Great movie, great dialogue.

Come on in and try not to ruin everything by being you.

Maybe we could live without the wisecracks.

The consistent strength of the dialogue reminded me of old Humphrey Bogart movies.

I don't watch old movies very often but I just watched As Good As It Gets. Great movie, great dialogue.

Come on in and try not to ruin everything by being you.

Maybe we could live without the wisecracks.

The consistent strength of the dialogue reminded me of old Humphrey Bogart movies.

"People who speak in metaphors need to shampoo my crotch."

"How do you write women so well?"

"I think of a man.  Then I take away reason, and accountability."

Archived