Week 10

glduck

On 11/4/2021 at 5:36 PM, azgreg said:

What would be more embarrassing, Ending the losing streak with a forfeit or losing to a Cal team with 50+ players missing?

Ending the losing streak via a forfeit > John Mackovic > Losing to NAU > Losing to a Cal team missing 75% of their roster > Penn State 99

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/4/2021 at 6:20 PM, clpp01 said:

Ending the losing streak via a forfeit > John Mackovic > Losing to NAU > Losing to a Cal team missing 75% of their roster > Penn State 99

After watching the 17 Arizona fans in attendance rush the field after the game I take this back.

revised order:

fans rushing the field after beating a Cal team comprised mainly of kids they pulled down from Tightwad Hill > Ending the streak via a forfeit > John Mackovic > Illinois 05 > Losing to NAU > Penn State 99

On 11/6/2021 at 3:47 PM, clpp01 said:

After watching the 17 Arizona fans in attendance rush the field after the game I take this back.

revised order:

fans rushing the field after beating a Cal team comprised mainly of kids they pulled down from Tightwad Hill > Ending the streak via a forfeit > John Mackovic > Illinois 05 > Losing to NAU > Penn State 99

I have no problem with the fans rushing the field. It's been two years and the argument can be made that Arizona's roster is just as depleted as Cal's.

On 11/2/2021 at 5:36 PM, glduck said:

Oregon is #4 in the first CFP rankings, which is neat. tOSU is #5.

Will be interesting to see if/when they pass us. We have a stronger SOS to this point, so there’s no point in arguing against our head-to-head win. Will the committee continue to think that win is worth keeping us ahead if tOSU navigates a B1G schedule? In order for UO to make the CFP we’d have to beat Utah in November natch, thus turning around and beating them again the Pac CG isn’t going to wow anyone. Meanwhile, tOSU still has both Michigans, in addition to the B1G CG.

Honestly though, with Georgia-Bama 1-2, the stage is set for both getting in. And if Okie and Wake both win out (Wake seems more likely, right?) they’d have to be in regardless of what we do. Lots of hurdles, even if we start the CFP ranking process in the right spot.

Oregon won’t beat Utah twice. Utah’s offense is now the best in our league and their defense is coming around. Don’t be surprised if Utah wins both games. 

On 11/2/2021 at 6:36 PM, glduck said:

Oregon is #4 in the first CFP rankings, which is neat. tOSU is #5.

Will be interesting to see if/when they pass us. We have a stronger SOS to this point, so there’s no point in arguing against our head-to-head win. Will the committee continue to think that win is worth keeping us ahead if tOSU navigates a B1G schedule? In order for UO to make the CFP we’d have to beat Utah in November natch, thus turning around and beating them again the Pac CG isn’t going to wow anyone. Meanwhile, tOSU still has both Michigans, in addition to the B1G CG.

Honestly though, with Georgia-Bama 1-2, the stage is set for both getting in. And if Okie and Wake both win out (Wake seems more likely, right?) they’d have to be in regardless of what we do. Lots of hurdles, even if we start the CFP ranking process in the right spot.

I'm not sure how Oregon has the stronger SOS to this point, but at the season's end (after tOSU having played the two Michigan teams), there's no doubt that tOSU will finish with the stronger SOS.

Regardless, if Oregon wins out and win the PAC12 Championship, they will be in the CFP.  I wouldn't worry about the SOS.  Just win games.

I wouldn't commit to UGA and BAMA both getting in, just yet.  BAMA might not beat Auburn, let alone UGA.  ONLY IF BAMA wins out and beats UGA will they both make the playoffs.  Any loss by BAMA puts them out.

Wake is out.  Ohio State is going to lose one more, and they will be out.  MSU and Michigan still have a shot.  OU needs to win out (and that's probable).

There's only one team that is a lock, and that's Georgia.  All of the other spots are up for grabs.  We just have to see how the games play out over the next three weeks.

My guess:  Georgia, 1-loss B1G Champion, Oregon and Oklahoma.

Archived