2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 9/22/2023 at 7:25 PM, PAC MAN said:

Watching ESPN during the NCSU-UVA halftime, the ESPN guys said Oregon State is the most overlooked PAC team so far.

Meh.. it’s kinda hard to be overlooked when you have 8 ranked teams in a conference. OSU is moving up the rankings just fine.    

So far they’ve been on CBS, FS1 and now Fox this weekend. Week 1 they had the 8th best TV ratings against a nobody on CBS. 

I would say OSU is driving their own bus so far this year. Highly ranked and could move up further this week. Favored by 3 on the road against a ranked team. 

I’d call that getting plenty of respect and they’ve earned it. 

On 9/23/2023 at 10:42 AM, MrBug708 said:

Rising won't start, which is weird wording. If Utah struggles, does he come in? Disappointed to not be able to watch the game.

It is a bit strange.  But if he is cleared and Johnson is running the O well, then gives rising more recovery time into the teeth of our schedule.  But bold assumption he has been cleared.

On 9/23/2023 at 10:14 AM, Chile_Ute said:

It is a bit strange.  But if he is cleared and Johnson is running the O well, then gives rising more recovery time into the teeth of our schedule.  But bold assumption he has been cleared.

If the Utes are up comfortably, no brainer, leave Rising on the sideline. If the Utes are down like 21-7, do you bring him in and try to catch up? Or just let the game progress naturally? I guess if it's a struggle, like 7-7 in the 4th, maybe that is when you bring Rising in for a spark?

Best of luck Utes! 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 12:30 PM, MrBug708 said:

If the Utes are up comfortably, no brainer, leave Rising on the sideline. If the Utes are down like 21-7, do you bring him in and try to catch up? Or just let the game progress naturally? I guess if it's a struggle, like 7-7 in the 4th, maybe that is when you bring Rising in for a spark?

Best of luck Utes! 

That’s my guess.  He’s suited, confirmed.

Heres to a good game with no further injuries for all.