2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 9/10/2023 at 8:02 AM, HLB said:

Wisconsin sucks; Nebraska is not very good and faced a CU team that might go undefeated and win the PAC12; UCLA beat up on a G5 opponent (as a P5 team should - not sure why that's impressive), and OSU crushed a FCS team (why is that impressive?)

• Like 3

On 10/29/2023 at 5:09 PM, HLB said:

Show me where I predicted Colorado to go undefeated.  You can't, because I never said that.

Classic case of how you embellish or flat out lie.

And Utah should have lost to Baylor and USC.

You fucking lie CONSTANTLY.  Do you even realize what a piece of shit you are?   Truly, you’re a trash human. I mean that with peace and love.  

• Like 1

Speaking of showing off your watch on TV. The Rose Bowl had increased security because of the Deion circus, so this seems odd. Either one of the security guards, a maintenance person, or a Colorado person would be the likely person. I'd be curious to see the list of items taken. Sanders took an early shower himself and came back with his jewelry. That should establish a timeline.

IMG_20231030_102012_01.jpg

On 10/30/2023 at 11:23 AM, MrBug708 said:

Speaking of showing off your watch on TV. The Rose Bowl had increased security because of the Deion circus, so this seems odd. Either one of the security guards, a maintenance person, or a Colorado person would be the likely person. I'd be curious to see the list of items taken. Sanders took an early shower himself and came back with his jewelry. That should establish a timeline.

IMG_20231030_102012_01.jpg

Yikes.

Updated Attendance Averages:

Washington: 67,882

USC: 63,601

Oregon: 54,319

CU: 53,932

Utah: 52,759 (103% capacity. I hope Coach Prime can improve our terrible numbers. He will certainly take credit)

ASU: 48,766

UCLA: 47,207

AZ: 47,041

Cal: 38,790

OSU: 36,572

Stanford: 30,195

WSU: 28,971

I think this might be our best year in the P12 as a conference, but I haven't verified. Conference average: 47,502

On 10/30/2023 at 2:04 PM, utenation said:

@MrBug708 , @azgreg and @clpp01 what are your thoughts on your game this week? 

Line is UCLA -2.5 in Tucson.  I’m leaning towards Az by 3-7 points at home.  UCLA’s QB situation is still unsettled. 

Either way a good game. 

I suspect AZ may have a bit of a hangover off the win over OSU.  And it seems whenever we lose to a team they forget how to play football, so I’ll take a flyer on UCLA winning this one. 

On 10/30/2023 at 4:36 PM, Orange said:

I suspect AZ may have a bit of a hangover off the win over OSU.  And it seems whenever we lose to a team they forget how to play football, so I’ll take a flyer on UCLA winning this one. 

If UCLA could pick a QB and stick with him, I’d like their chances more.  To be honest, I think this is a pick em’ game anyways. Should be tight. 

Night games on the road under Kelly are never great. UCLA has the best unit on the field but if the offense keeps turning the ball over, that unit won't matter. I think I saw that UCLA has surrendered a single rushing TD all year. Our offense is the worst unit on the field. I would take Arizona easily until UCLA can show it can win on the road.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:36 PM, Mano said:

This is still terrible for me to look at.  Knowing the P12 is done.  I’m not ready to flip the switch to this shitty conference. 

Maybe my attitude will change down the road but the P12 was a perfect fit for Utah.  

On 11/1/2023 at 10:10 PM, utenation said:

This is still terrible for me to look at.  Knowing the P12 is done.  I’m not ready to flip the switch to this shitty conference. 

Maybe my attitude will change down the road but the P12 was a perfect fit for Utah.  

It is what it is. Wish this conference could have stayed together, but what can you do? Hoping in a few years when it goes to a 2 conference model they go back to regional divisions and most of the P12 plays each other again.

• Like 1

Agree with Mano above...the hope is to go back to regional conferences.

I'm still trying to digest the CU football schedule but at the same time, the bright side is that the Big 12 cares more about football & basketball than the Pac-12 does.  I'm more interested in how the Big 12 will handle basketball scheduling if the Big 12 decides to stay at 18 conference games.

On 11/2/2023 at 7:15 AM, PAC MAN said:

Agree with Mano above...the hope is to go back to regional conferences.

I'm still trying to digest the CU football schedule but at the same time, the bright side is that the Big 12 cares more about football & basketball than the Pac-12 does.  I'm more interested in how the Big 12 will handle basketball scheduling if the Big 12 decides to stay at 18 conference games.

Huh?

On 11/1/2023 at 10:51 PM, Mano said:

It is what it is. Wish this conference could have stayed together, but what can you do? Hoping in a few years when it goes to a 2 conference model they go back to regional divisions and most of the P12 plays each other again.

Yeah, I  know. Doesn’t mean I’m happy about it.