NFL 2023

glduck

On 11/24/2023 at 2:41 PM, Mano said:

Jerry Jones is the Cowboys problem, and they might not win until he goes. They could have had a mega dynasty in the 90's, but Jerry's ego couldn't stand Jimmy Johnson getting alot of the credit,  so he replaces him with Barry freaking Switzer. Their franchise deserves every misfortune they have had.

Switzer just cost tailed Jimmy’s talent. 

On 12/4/2023 at 8:47 PM, utenation said:

@win2bfree, @trickydlck and @row Z, your boy Jake Browning got a nice win tonight against Jacksonville. 

He looked legit good. Wasn't watching (I was pretty sure the Bengals kicker wasn't going to get me the 37pts I needed) until multiple people texted making comments on how well he was playing. Free agent next year I hear, hopefully he can keep it rolling.

On 12/4/2023 at 8:47 PM, utenation said:

@win2bfree, @trickydlck and @row Z, your boy Jake Browning got a nice win tonight against Jacksonville. 

Didn't watch much (any) NFL this weekend and almost didn't watch MNF, but remembered Browning was playing and wanted to see him in action.  Glad to see him do well.  Hope he pulls a Foles and takes it all the way to the Superbowl.

I watched it, and was impressed by Browning. He looked in control, comfortable, and very accurate. The knock on Jake was that he didn't have big time arm strength, but it looks plenty strong enough to be a successful NFL QB, particularly considering what Brock Purdy is doing for SF. 

On 12/6/2023 at 12:35 PM, row Z said:

but it looks plenty strong enough to be a successful NFL QB, particularly considering what Brock Purdy is doing for SF. 

We got very lucky with Purdy.  Not often you see a last pick in the draft have success on a superbowl quality team.  We just need to keep him healthy. 

Philly finally saw what we look like with a healthy QB. 

I think both Philly and Dallas have been sent a clear message on who the NFC boss is. 

IMG_2731.gif

On 12/6/2023 at 1:22 PM, utenation said:

We got very lucky with Purdy.  Not often you see a last pick in the draft have success on a superbowl quality team.  We just need to keep him healthy. 

Philly finally saw what we look like with a healthy QB. 

I think both Philly and Dallas have been sent a clear message on who the NFC boss is. 

IMG_2731.gif

What the fuck, Brady did it.  Not a big deal

On 12/14/2023 at 7:55 PM, glduck said:

Last week: Vikings 3, Raiders 0.

Tonight: Raiders 42, Chargers 0… at halftime.

Took all of 30 Herbert-less minutes for the Chargers to devolve into the worst football team of all time.

My good buddy is a Seahawks fan(from there). He’s done with Geno and didn’t even want to talk about Lock. Who I thought didn’t play terrible.  It was a game for 3 qtrs. 

He wants a QB in the draft. What are your thoughts on your QB situation?

I think Geno could help a better team get to the playoffs, but he’s too limited to help mask all of Seattle’s deficiencies. Since he’s on a very reasonable contract I’d love for the Hawks to shop him to a team who thinks they’re just a QB away. Maybe get a day two pick for him.

Drew Lock seems like a career backup. Time to draft a new franchise qb.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2023 at 10:01 PM, glduck said:

I think Geno could help a better team get to the playoffs, but he’s too limited to help mask all of Seattle’s deficiencies. Since he’s on a very reasonable contract I’d love for the Hawks to shop him to a team who thinks they’re just a QB away. Maybe get a day two pick for him.

Drew Lock seems like a career backup. Time to draft a new franchise qb.

You two see the same thing apparently.  I haven’t seen Lock play much but I dump Geno if it were my team. 

The best thing SF did is let Jimmy G go out to open pastures. That guy broke so many hearts. Played good enough to get into the playoffs but blew big games over and over. And this was when he actually stayed healthy.  Purdy needs to prove more but I think SF is right where they should be with him.