NFL 2023

glduck

• 3 weeks later...

Damn. 

Rodgers is kinda whinny for my book but hate to see this. All the offseason hype with Rodgers is over in 4 plays. I've always said, The Jets is the place where coaches and QBs go to die.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38385791/sources-jets-aaron-rodgers-torn-achilles-tendon

Btw, @glduck my Niners looked pretty sharp. I thought the Seahawks had a chance on Sunday but that game got away from them.  We play the Rams next on the road. 

On 9/12/2023 at 11:36 AM, Buff_Fan said:

I fear there is a flip side to this.  Now he has more time to do interviews.

"I know killing black rhinos is bad, but grinding up their horns and snorting them will halve my recovery time with this achilles issue.  Also, bigfoot blood is great for your skin.  Taxation is theft, I'm out!"

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2023 at 9:58 AM, PAC MAN said:

Colorado very well could be Buffalo Country instead of Bronco Country this year.  Or is that Coach Prime Country?  :LOL: 

Lol, stop drinking in the morning.  CU is a lot of fun at the moment, but even this year it is bronco country.  The city cares deeply about that god awful team.

On 9/14/2023 at 11:28 AM, Buff_Fan said:

Lol, stop drinking in the morning.  CU is a lot of fun at the moment, but even this year it is bronco country.  The city cares deeply about that god awful team.

Everytime I’ve been to Denver, especially during football season, it’s all about the Broncos.  Right when you get off the airplane.  When I had to go to Denver weekly when Manning won the Super Bowl, Peyton was all over the PA announcements. I’m scarred for life. 

All the bars, it’s all Broncos.  Sometimes the Nuggets and Rockies. 

Usually, you have to cut Jalapeño’s CU hype by 3/4 to get the real answer. 

Ironic that just awhile ago, he said he was done being a CU fan.  Talk about fair weather fans.  

On 9/14/2023 at 11:37 AM, utenation said:

Everytime I’ve been to Denver, especially during football season, it’s all about the Broncos.  Right when you get off the airplane.  When I had to go to Denver weekly when Manning won the Super Bowl, Peyton was all over the PA announcements. I’m scarred for life. 

All the bars, it’s all Broncos.  Sometimes the Nuggets and Rockies. 

Usually, you have to cut Jalapeño’s CU hype by 3/4 to get the real answer. 

Ironic that just awhile ago, he said he was done being a CU fan.  Talk about fair weather fans.  

Always has been that way here.  I am not a bronco fan so it becomes a bit much when we discuss the 3-8 broncos ad nauseum.  Especially when there are other good teams in the market.  

That said, prime has generated more coverage locally than I’ve ever seen.  It’s good for the buffs, and still pretty amazing

On 9/14/2023 at 11:46 AM, Buff_Fan said:

Always has been that way here.  I am not a bronco fan so it becomes a bit much when we discuss the 3-8 broncos ad nauseum.  Especially when there are other good teams in the market.  

That said, prime has generated more coverage locally than I’ve ever seen.  It’s good for the buffs, and still pretty amazing

There is zero doubt that Prime has carved out a slice of pie for CU fans in your market and nationally.  While I’m not a Prime fan, it’s nice to see CU fans have something to cheer about. 

Right now, the story in the news is CU. It’s intriguing and front page. Maintaining the hype is the hard part.  

Hype for CU will continue to grow until they lose. If they have a very good season ( 9 or more wins ) will continue to be a big national story. I am still skeptical that CU will be in the top half of the league this year, but they have been much better than I expected thus far, so reserving judgement until they play some good in conference teams like Oregon. If the game against Utah at the end of the season determines who goes to the CCG it will be crazy.

On 9/14/2023 at 11:55 AM, utenation said:

There is zero doubt that Prime has carved out a slice of pie for CU fans in your market and nationally.  While I’m not a Prime fan, it’s nice to see CU fans have something to cheer about. 

Right now, the story in the news is CU. It’s intriguing and front page. Maintaining the hype is the hard part.  

Oh it will die down.  It has to.  They will drop a few and other story lines will develop.