P12 Hoops 23/24

utenation

The problem is when it gets tough, Mick wants to do things through guys in his circle of trust. It's great when they are the best players. It's not great when they are low ceiling players on a team not going anywhere. Nwuba, Lazar, and Will McClellan are nice, but we are getting blown out. Why play guys like that? You aren't developing your core players for the future. So they listen in practice and you trust them. You need your younger guys to get experience and make mistakes. Leaving them buried on the bench isn't helping anyone.

And recruit a PG

On 1/11/2024 at 8:47 PM, utenation said:Utah needs to show me something on the road. I’m not buying this stock until I see it. 

Yup.

Figures, I had a dinner event.  Checked the score when it was 7-3….then again with 3 minutes left.  Crazy.

On 1/11/2024 at 9:08 PM, Chile_Ute said:

Yup.

Figures, I had a dinner event.  Checked the score when it was 7-3….then again with 3 minutes left.  Crazy.

I tell ya. That loss on the road to ASU has me pissed still. I’d like to play that one again.  ASU should have lost to Cal and Stanford on the road. 

UW/ASU is tight right now but I expect The Huskies to pull away in the second half and bring the Sundevils back to reality. 

On 1/11/2024 at 10:32 PM, MrBug708 said:

UCLA has its first 1-4 stat in conference play since 1946.

Wooden just rolled over in his grave. ESPN game tonight. Dave Pasch on the call. His normal partner Bill Walton was out for some reason. 

I’m sure Walton would have had a heart attack calling this game tonight, off topic rants included. 

It's nice that the Utes rolled, but UCLA doesn't lose like this if team plays hard. Don't know or really care what their issues are, but seems a change needs to be made, either a wholesale change of roster or staff.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:54 AM, EastCoastFan said:

If UCLA were as serious about basketball as they should be, it would be the Cronin experiment that would be over.

Outside of the 70s, UCLA doesn't move on coaches very fast. Unless you paid 80 dollars on a dinner tab and fired the only coach who ever won a title not named John wooden

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 9:42 PM, dtd said:

How the f is Oregon not ranked? 

Also, how the f is Oregon 13-3 5-0(soon to be 13-9 5-6)?

I agree. With you guys missing key players too. I’ve learned to never count Dana out of anything. 

That said, Oregon has the mountain trip next. If they can go 2-0 or even 1-1 on this trip, I’ll be impressed. Both CU and Utah are damn good at home. 

lol at Utah. Road cream puff, extra soft cupcakes.  Not impressed with blowout home wins. 

Losses to an average at best ASU, average at best Stanford and a good AZ team( acceptable). Hey Craig Smith, your team's inconsistency is glaring.  You aren’t going to get fans back with this recipe. Stanford net ranking: 99. ASU:115.  Give me a fucking break. 

Do your job. Show some balls on the road. Do something other than talk about road woes. Not buying it.