mlb 2017

glduck

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/19/2017 at 7:54 PM, RogueDuck said:

If I was a D'back fan I'd be pissed right now.  They just threw in Haniger in the trade for Walker, and the kid looks like he could end up being a legit star and the biggest steal in Mariners franchise history. 

Oh don't worry, they'll find a way to fuck it all up.

Somehow, the A's are 8-8 with a roster that looks like somebody autodrafted.  This despite injuries to our two best pitchers in Sonny Gray and Kendall Gravemen as well as several injured batters.  16 games isn't much but it's crazy how the team is consistently competing even in losses.  Raise your hand if you had Andrew Triggs -- the A's 5th starter -- as the only SP in baseball to not give up an earned run this season?   

31 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Giants call up their 21-yo top prospect, give him #22 to wear & have him start tonight versus the Dodgers.

no pressure, kid.

You missed a key element to this story.  His first start will come against Clayton Kershaw.  Quite possibly the most difficult pitcher to face in today's game.  Hey, it can't get any tougher after today. 

Today marks the death of Felix Hernandez's career as a true #1 starting pitcher.

It's a sad time for Mariner fans everywhere.  The signs have been there, as I posted over the winter in the Ringer article, but wow his velocity is barely topping 90 these days.

sure shows what horrific management can do to a franchise. the astros went through a rebuild, drafted well, and now they're using all that home grown talent as the backbone of a WS contender. oakland has gone through, like, five separate successful rebuilds in the time we've been awful. 

then there's seattle, who has had a myriad of top 10 picks over the last decade and a half, and nothing but busts as far as the eye can see. horrible draft class after horrible draft class, horrible major league development of "can't miss" prospects we've acquired like smoak and montero... seager remains the only home grown talent everyday player we've developed in, like, a dozen years. it's beyond pathetic.

23 hours ago, PapaG said:

Today marks the death of Felix Hernandez's career as a true #1 starting pitcher.

It's a sad time for Mariner fans everywhere.  The signs have been there, as I posted over the winter in the Ringer article, but wow his velocity is barely topping 90 these days.

Quoting myself, but Felix is headed to the DL.

http://deadspin.com/the-kings-arm-is-dead-1794685337

Archived