Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

29 minutes ago, glduck said:

i’m so trained to expect an underwhelming in-house hire i admit i’m at a loss. reading up on avalos today it sounds like he’s expected to be a head coach sooner rather than later and is generally well-regarded.

that said i’m trying to weigh boise’s talent pool versus some serious flops against P5 teams the past few years. boise’s only respectable performance was against us in the 17 vegas bowl, a game royce freeman sat out and cristobal had been HC for about 36 hours.

BSU only gave up 24 points in regulation in Faulk’s senior year.  I wonder how much he had to do with the development of that linebacker who went to Dallas.  He was the better part of their defense that year.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

I read one Bronco fan's comment that they lost more home games under Avalos than any other DC. I have no idea what that  means.

Over on the mwcboard they seem to think he did great in his 3 years....looks like an up and comer that has cut his teeth a bit.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, azgreg said:

Any thoughts on Marvin Lewis to ASU as a consultant?

He's a good mind to have around, can mentor some of the younger coaches, adds gravitas to their overall image, and just by being there sends a message to recruits that ASU takes football seriously.  With all of the attention on Washington, Oregon, etc., this is a smart move.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived