Is Taggart leaving?

EastCoastFan

I have never seen so much rampant speculation and misleading information (presumably not intentional) on Twitter than during this coaching issue. It really highlights the value of a trusted journalistic source. According to the Podcast of Champions, don't believe anything unless it comes from Bruce Feldman or Brett McMurphy.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, glduck said:

#sumlinwatch

#wilcoxwatch

#awfulchoicethatglwillhatewatch

I posted on a Cal messageboard when the Jimbo stuff started happening that this would cause a chain reaction that would result in Tedford coming back to Cal.  I was mostly joking but suddenly that theory looks a lot more likely than it did two weeks ago. 

cristobal reminds me of ed orgeron. he's welcome to be an assistant here for as long as he wants, but i don't want him as the HC... unless it's an interim basis for the bowl game. which is, by the by, in ten days. god damnit. 

mike leach? no...

jim mcelwain? the guy who fucked that shark? the guy who lied about death threats and got himself fired at florida? hard pass.

jeff tedford's redemption tour aside, no. 

55 minutes ago, glduck said:

cristobal reminds me of ed orgeron. he's welcome to be an assistant here for as long as he wants, but i don't want him as the HC... unless it's an interim basis for the bowl game. which is, by the by, in ten days. god damnit. 

mike leach? no...

jim mcelwain? the guy who fucked that shark? the guy who lied about death threats and got himself fired at florida? hard pass.

jeff tedford's redemption tour aside, no. 

So you're Sumlin or bust?  Any other candidates you like? 

I think Mike Norvell and his misdirection offense would be really fun in Eugene. 

What really irks me is that these kids don't appear to have any understanding of history regarding the sport and industry they entering.  This isn't new, this happens literally every year.  These guys are paid mercenaries who will say and do whatever it takes to win for their current employer.  Commit to the school, not the coach.  Old man rant over.

14 minutes ago, All Hail said:

So you're Sumlin or bust?  Any other candidates you like? 

I think Mike Norvell and his misdirection offense would be really fun in Eugene. 

Norvell just signed a contract extension with Memphis.

Sumlin seems to be the best bet IMO.  If he can keep QBs in Eugene, that would be a plus.

Archived