ASU @ Utah

Chad Sexington

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, utenation said:

Just curious. Have you ran into ASU fans that think that?  I’ve never fought with an ASU fan. Ever. Haven’t seen many on boards though.

On a Utah fanboard they posted a link to an ASU fanboard where some were giving Utah shit like that, but many there were reacting to some shit Ute fans were posting.

For the most part my interactions with other fanbases in the Pac have been positive.

Utes shouldn't be thinking they are all that, they really haven't beaten anybody good yet ( no one they have played currently has a winning record ). I like how they have been playing the past two weeks, but need to keep focused and keep grinding.

2 hours ago, Mano said:

On a Utah fanboard they posted a link to an ASU fanboard where some were giving Utah shit like that, but many there were reacting to some shit Ute fans were posting.

For the most part my interactions with other fanbases in the Pac have been positive.

I’m sure there is always some of that on homer boards....grain of salt.

14 hours ago, azgreg said:

I live in Phoenix and ASU fans rarely talk about Utah unless they are getting ready to play Utah.

I agree. I mean, that's kinda my point (and I've also lived in AZ). We're definitely an afterthought  — oddly so for literally being in the same division. I think that's at the heart of any friction between the fanbases. They don't want to/need to acknowledge us (and do so as little as possible) and Ute fans still want to feel legit. Ute fans sorta get when USC or UCLA or UW get a little uppity. There's something extra insulting when it comes from ASU.

Archived