NBA 16-17 Thread

All Hail

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am noticing an interesting discrepancy between the how the media is talking about the finals (presumably Warriors v. Cavs) and how Vegas sees them. Vegas has the Warriors as a huge favorite, according to these odds from this morning:

• Warriors 4/11
  • Cavs 2/1
  • Celtics 250/1

However, the talking heads appear to be focused on LeBron playing at his peak, how he compares to MJ as the goat, and seem to be favoring the Cavs to win it. I hope this media attention on the Cavs continues, it is a perfect set up for the Ws.

19 minutes ago, row Z said:

Is there a way to post a poll on this site? Was thinking of getting predictions on the NBA finals. 

When you click on the "Start a new topic" button, there will be two tabs under Topic Details, the first is Content, the Second is Poll. Select the "Poll" tab, and you should be able to fill out the details of your poll.

3 hours ago, Mano said:

When you click on the "Start a new topic" button, there will be two tabs under Topic Details, the first is Content, the Second is Poll. Select the "Poll" tab, and you should be able to fill out the details of your poll.

excellent, thank you Mano.

• 2 weeks later...

i like the pacers so i'm disappointed that paul george wants out, but i get it. that george hill/lance stephenson/paul george/david west/roy hibbert team was very good, lost to the heat in game 7 of the ECF one year, but never could figure out lebron. rough on the franchise that all that will remain of that once-promising team is lance stephenson.

it'll be interesting to see if cleveland makes a play for him as a one-year rental. 

one trade i have not seen mentioned: blake griffin for PG straight up. i know it's not the lakers, but it would put george in LA. the clips want to blow it up anyway, but a retooled roster built around paul/george/jordan would be pretty good. indy would get a "star" back, even though i'm not as high on griffin as some. both are unrestricted after '18, if they don't re-sign each team will enjoy the cap room. both might walk regardless. // shrug

kind of an interesting development in the paul george/laker story, the two are reportedly engaged in trade talks but the lakers aren't (nor should they) give up the #2 so it's looking more and more like they're going to acquire PG while virtually nothing of value goes out. PG is rumored to be forcing the issue, which we'll be able to confirm whenever we see indy's return haul. 

at the same time, i'm not sure why indy would break their back for him. he's leaving them. if someone offers something better than the lakers can, i mean... fuck paul george, right? ship him to brooklyn if that's where the best return comes from. what is he going to do, sit out a year?

Russell, Mozgov and the #28 pick = Porzingas now.

#2 (+ Randle, if we have to) to Sac for #5 & #10. Take Fox at #5 + another piece at #10 (Collins?)

Next year = Porzingas, George, Fox, Ingram, Zubac (at the 4/rim protector)

That is a legit team after another year of development

dwight howard continues his remarkable downhill journey, getting traded from his hometown hawks to charlotte for a bunch of junk.

the nba offseason is so much more fun than the nba regular season and, this year anyway, the postseason.

Archived