NBA 16-17 Thread

All Hail

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

caught a bit of raps/cavs. announcers kept saying how surprised they were that cleveland was so crisp after a week off, but i mean, they're the defending champs. escpecially for lebron, who is working his way to his 7th straight Finals appearance, that reward of a week off for sweeping your first round opponent has to be like stumbling upon the fountain of youth.

1 hour ago, row Z said:

So, Isaiah Thomas had a good game last night. Anyone think he was going to be this good as a pro? Not me.

http://deadspin.com/holy-shit-isaiah-thomas-1794864270

Nope.  He already has to be one of the greatest late round picks in NBA history right?  How many guys that are drafted 60th or later end up becoming top 10 NBA players? 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anything more embarrassing than getting absolutely annihalted at home in an elimination game when your opponent is missing their best player?  Harden continues his string of embarsssing elimination postseason performances.  Cals Ryan Anderson was really bad as well. 

Also, can Pop be coach of the year every year?  No duncan, no Parker, no Leonard and they win a close out game by 39 points on the road.  Look at that roster.  It's mediocre and lacks even a b-level superstar of any kind.  How? How the fuck is he doing this?  Are the rockets just that bad and the warriors are just waiting to obliterate the spurs?  If Pop and the Spurs go 6 games with the warriors, I will be very impressed because our 4th best player is better than anyone on that team not named Leonard. /drunken rant

weird game for me. i'm not a harden fan, so it was satisfying. but i'm also not a lamarcus fan, so that was... less fun. but LMA has always enjoyed burning the rockets in the playoffs.

taking emotion out of it, i'm fairly certain harden played drunk. that was as weird of a performance as i've ever seen. it's not that he JUST shot poorly. everything his did was awful and lazy.

these playoffs have sucked. there's a game seven tomorrow and even that series has been largely uneventful simply because the home team has won every game.

i would be surprised if the wcf went beyond 5 games, and the ecf beyond 6 (assuming boston wins -- it's sweep city if the wiz somehow pull one out tomorrow).

my already-considerable respect for kawhi went through the roof. when he leaves the game the spurs are up what, 23? then the back half of the 3rd quarter, and the entire 4th, i watch four all stars all at the peak of their superhumaness run roughshod over a 40 year old manu ginobli, dejounte murray, kyle anderson, danny green, patty mills, a way-over-his-prime pau gasol, and lamarcus aldridge, who is doing his "i'm 6'11, but i'm going to make this shot as difficult on myself as possible by spinning and fading away from the basket" thing. the talent level of golden state, compared to that of san antonio, is incomparable. and yet -- and yet -- kawhi leonard's overall awesomeness completely made that machine run to near-perfection when he was on the floor.

felt bad when the spurs couldn't secure a pair of defensive rebounds that *could* have changed the outcome of the game in the last minute or so. final four flashbacks.

Gotta credit Popovich for always gameplanning to maximize his talent on the court, too.  The dude's maybe the most underrated coach in all of basketball history.   Helps that I love his anti-Trump rants.

3 hours ago, Orange said:

Gotta credit Popovich for always gameplanning to maximize his talent on the court, too.  The dude's maybe the most underrated coach in all of basketball history.   Helps that I love his anti-Trump rants.

I think he is great too. I think the press would talk him up a lot more if he wasn't such a dick to the press, but he doesn't seem to care about that.

Archived