NBA 16-17 Thread

All Hail

13 hours ago, glduck said:

my already-considerable respect for kawhi went through the roof. when he leaves the game the spurs are up what, 23? then the back half of the 3rd quarter, and the entire 4th, i watch four all stars all at the peak of their superhumaness run roughshod over a 40 year old manu ginobli, dejounte murray, kyle anderson, danny green, patty mills, a way-over-his-prime pau gasol, and lamarcus aldridge, who is doing his "i'm 6'11, but i'm going to make this shot as difficult on myself as possible by spinning and fading away from the basket" thing. the talent level of golden state, compared to that of san antonio, is incomparable. and yet -- and yet -- kawhi leonard's overall awesomeness completely made that machine run to near-perfection when he was on the floor.

felt bad when the spurs couldn't secure a pair of defensive rebounds that *could* have changed the outcome of the game in the last minute or so. final four flashbacks.

Kawhi is a great player and the warriors probably don't win that game if he is healthy.  However, I think it's worth point out that the Warriors overcame a 22 point deficit in SA without Durant less than a month ago and Kawhi played the entire game.  The Warriors seem to routinely come back from large deficits and have done so against all 3 teams they've played in the playoffs.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/15/2017 at 11:31 AM, Orange said:

Gotta credit Popovich for always gameplanning to maximize his talent on the court, too.  The dude's maybe the most underrated coach in all of basketball history.   Helps that I love his anti-Trump rants.

Like his take here.

7 hours ago, PapaG said:

Seeing Fultz/Ball/Fox predicted as going 1/2/3 now with Justin Jackson 4th to PHX and who the hell knows what the Kings will do.

We know exactly what the Kings will do.  They are taking a player from Europe that we've never heard of. 

we haven't really discussed it here but i thought the zaza thing was way overblown. i don't think it was intentional, and if the nba really wants to make a stink about it they need to go into next season with an emphasis on calling it. my team shoots nothing BUT 3's and long jumpers and they were stepping on extended feet all year. it's unfortunate what happened to leonard, but nothing flagrant. 

50 minutes ago, Orange said:

LMA looked like he was lazily playing in an All-Star game last night.

Good to see he's doing to SA what he did to Portland.

He's so soft, he can't even properly injure a player with the same Zaza double-step Pockovich was whining about the day before.

8 hours ago, glduck said:

we haven't really discussed it here but i thought the zaza thing was way overblown. i don't think it was intentional, and if the nba really wants to make a stink about it they need to go into next season with an emphasis on calling it. my team shoots nothing BUT 3's and long jumpers and they were stepping on extended feet all year. it's unfortunate what happened to leonard, but nothing flagrant. 

Shouldn't matter if it was intentional. Don't do it. It should be a flagrant 1. Fucking with someone's livelihood is no bueno. 

i don't have a problem with zaza getting a flagrant for it if the nba would have been looking for and calling it consistently all year. the only person to step on more feet than cj mccollum this year was me at my junior prom, and 3J never got that call, let alone was anyone smacked with a flagrant because of it. all hail's video proved that officials can't even be bothered to watch for it two days after it became the nba's biggest hot button issue. 

1 hour ago, dtd said:

Shouldn't matter if it was intentional. Don't do it. It should be a flagrant 1. Fucking with someone's livelihood is no bueno. 

Aldridge didn't even get a foul called on him when he did the exact same thing to Durant.  Not one reporter had the balls to ask Bully Pock about it, either.

4 hours ago, PapaG said:

Aldridge didn't even get a foul called on him when he did the exact same thing to Durant.  Not one reporter had the balls to ask Bully Pock about it, either.

Yeah it's BS. They should nail Pop. 

4 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

It's hilarious to me to here spurs fans complain about dirty players.  I guess they forgot Bowen and that they still have the flop artist known as Ginóbili.

Yes, and the Robert Horry hip check of ****** Nash. 

Archived