Pac-12 Hoops

glduck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, glduck said:

Glad to get a road win in before our annual loss in Maples.

When we had a semi-competent basketball program, your annual loss on the road was to us.  Now it’s been a few years despite some close calls by some awful Cal teams. 

I was shocked Cal was able to keep it close against a well-coached and far more talented Oregon team.  Maybe Fox isn’t so bad and perhaps he can turn things around although he doesn’t appear to be a good recruiter.

Our basketball program is a complete and utter pathetic mystery.  We can't beat arguably the worst team in the conference at home, yet we knock off one of the top 3 best programs in the conference on the road.

I give up.  What I know for sure is we suck far more than we're good.  Tinkle may need to take a hike.  I don't see our talent cupboard getting any better in the coming years.

23 hours ago, All Hail said:

When we had a semi-competent basketball program, your annual loss on the road was to us.  Now it’s been a few years despite some close calls by some awful Cal teams. 

I was shocked Cal was able to keep it close against a well-coached and far more talented Oregon team.  Maybe Fox isn’t so bad and perhaps he can turn things around although he doesn’t appear to be a good recruiter.

Bay Area is traditionally our worst trip. I referenced Maples because that 29-year losing streak we had there is tough to shake, but our record @ Cal is abysmal too. I thank baby jesus each day that Mike Montgomery chose to retire.

That Cal loss was fucking disgusting.  You have 4 seconds and you can't even get a shot off?

Why bother having a coach if he doesn't tell the players explicitly what to do on an inbounds play, down 2, with 4 seconds left? (HINT: SHOOT IT!) 

#FireTinkle

Archived