Not Getting Better In Pullman

KUGRDON

Take this with a grain of salt, more like a big fucking box of salt:

Saturday Leach banned the team from Social Media.  Yesterday I received a private message from a cougar football player asking if I would take some info public and not name him as the source.  I was busy and didn’t see the private message for several hours.  I responded simply with a? Several hours later. Never heard further.

Yesterday Conner Halliday breaks with news that defensive backs coach and new interim co- defensive coordinator McBath, Who played defensive back for Leach at Tech and in the NFL, had been bitterly feuding with Claeys.

kind of a negative vibe coming out of the locker room which I guess is to be expected with a three-game losing streak. It doesn’t really feel like it’s anti-Leach or a mutiny or anything, just negative energy.

just a guess, but I wonder if teams have finally started to figure Leach out a little bit more? 

WSU's offense is a bitch to play, and for the first time that I can recall Utah changed its defensive philosophy to counter what Leach was doing.  Utah rushed only 3, dropped 8, and the 3 defensive lineman tried to occupy passing lanes versus bull rushing and trying to sack the QB.  I've never seen Whitt do that before

2 hours ago, Scorcho said:

just a guess, but I wonder if teams have finally started to figure Leach out a little bit more? 

WSU's offense is a bitch to play, and for the first time that I can recall Utah changed its defensive philosophy to counter what Leach was doing.  Utah rushed only 3, dropped 8, and the 3 defensive lineman tried to occupy passing lanes versus bull rushing and trying to sack the QB.  I've never seen Whitt do that before

CU did that to Leach's TT teams with success in the past and the same when he was Oklahoma's OC in 1999.  He stayed at TT until 2009 and would have probably still been at TT today.

What I have noticed about Leach's TT & WSU teams is that their players aren't always going to bring their A game every game especially after they have been winning consistently.  You could say the same for many teams in that regard too.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mike-leach-imposes-social-media-ban-for-washington-state-players-amid-three-game-losing-skid/

Leach didn't ban social media prior to this season and probably wishes he did that.  That will probably be done before the 2020 season.

I don't think this will lead to the end of Leach in Pullman and only a major scandal will push Leach out of Pullman.

47 minutes ago, glduck said:

The more Leach I see/read, the less I like him. He has some great one-liners. He gives some great quotes/anecdotes. But it’s almost never good when he talks longer than 20 seconds.

I think he's the only D1 coach with zero football playing experience, so it makes sense that he's clueless in terms of what his players are going through, and how to be a sensitive human being.  His politics also give that away.  He's just kind of a dumb guy who's a savant with offensive playcalling.

5 hours ago, Orange said:

I think he's the only D1 coach with zero football playing experience, so it makes sense that he's clueless in terms of what his players are going through, and how to be a sensitive human being.  His politics also give that away.  He's just kind of a dumb guy who's a savant with offensive playcalling.

Oscar Levant coined the phrase: There’s a fine line between Crazy and Genius.  I think Mike might be one of those guys.  Socially awkward to your point but could probably bore you death with the exact chemical composition of fly shit.

I don’t think coaches have “figured him out” per se — there’s not a whole lot to figure out. He runs a really good offense that good defenses have always been able to counter, dating back to his Big 12 days. There just aren’t a lot of good defenses out there. Every so often (his 08? Tech team, probably last year’s Cougs) he rises to heights above average. I’ve said it a thousand times before — he’s never coached in a major bowl. He probably never will. He coaches at schools that just can’t consistently recruit well enough, especially defensively, to be good every year. 

On 9/2/2019 at 7:13 AM, HLB said:

Close.

I read the skid marks in your mother's panties.  And here's what they're telling me:

(1)  Your mother needs to see a doctor.

(2)  You're dad's been hitting her back door really hard.

(3)  Reading her skid marks are all I need to decipher what Utah's season will be like.

Imagine typing THIS post, and then saying other people frighten kids. /\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Archived