The Bowl Thread

Scscsc89

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, All Hail said:

Utah lost to Texas, usc and Oregon.  I don’t know if Utah can take that next step until they recruit better athletes.  They looked slow against each team. 

that’s a tall task, those are three programs on a different tier talent wise and probably always will be

6 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Just like last year. Fold at the end. Last year’s excuse was injuries. Not sure what this year’s excuses are going to be. 

Charade against weaker competition through the season.  Lack of O line development.  Maybe coaching was lulled into thinking they were better as well and didn’t prepare with the same intensity....I could go on but infuriating to physically/mentally see them fold.

Clearly not as good as they looked during the season. Anae and Fotu looked pedestrian. Bernard disappeared. Scalley didn’t look like an elite coordinator. 

Why the hell does Tyler run so much?  He’s not that fast. He did the same garbage hero ball nonsense in all of our losses this year. If our WRs are not getting open, then Holiday has to go. We need some real coaching on our receivers. 

Oh well, on to next year. 

I was surprised if only because Wittingham flexes during bowl season like none other. You can usually take a Utah bowl win to the bank.

Worst part of yesterday was knowing this will launch a concentrated TEXAS IS BACK offseason campaign, much like last year.

I think it comes down to QB play. Tyler thinks he’s an All-Pro, All American All-World, All-Galaxy, All-Universe player directly descended from Jesus our Lord and Savior. In reality, he’s a 3-star who needs to lead by involving his teammates. He can’t reconcile that. 

Also, Francis Bernard is always out of position. Always. 

Always. 

I think Wisconsin should be favored, better D and they don't have to throw to win. If Oregon's offense struggles, the D will wear down. I think Wisconsin will do better on 1st down, and therefore 3rd down. Their QB is more likely to do something nifty on 3rd and 4 than Herbert. Watching what Minnesota did to Auburn made me question any remaining faith I had in Cristobal/Mastro/Arroyo as leaders of an offense. 

4 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

I think it comes down to QB play. Tyler thinks he’s an All-Pro, All American All-World, All-Galaxy, All-Universe player directly descended from Jesus our Lord and Savior. In reality, he’s a 3-star who needs to lead by involving his teammates. He can’t reconcile that. 

Also, Francis Bernard is always out of position. Always. 

Always. 

Sorry, I love Huntley, great kid that would do anything to help the team, and always worked his ass off. 

His instincts are to pull the ball down and get the tough yards himself first. Ironically, he was probably most effective in the games where he was injured, and could not run effectively, so he would hang in pocket, keep eyes up field and make plays. But he played for the team, and I don't buy that he is just a glory hog in it for himself.

53 minutes ago, Mano said:

Sorry, I love Huntley, great kid that would do anything to help the team, and always worked his ass off. 

His instincts are to pull the ball down and get the tough yards himself first. Ironically, he was probably most effective in the games where he was injured, and could not run effectively, so he would hang in pocket, keep eyes up field and make plays. But he played for the team, and I don't buy that he is just a glory hog in it for himself.

I don’t think he’s doing it for his own glory. I think he genuinely believes that he’s the only one who can do it. You’re right, and my previous post agrees, he best leads the team when he gets everyone involved. In all three of our losses he tried to win the game by himself. Let’s face it, he’s not Lamar Jackson. 

Archived