The Bowl Thread

Scscsc89

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garbers looked good and will be the most experienced QB in the north next season. The Bears will also have a significant number of returning players. Are they primed for a run at the north? Emotional leader Evan Weaver will be gone though. 

1 hour ago, row Z said:

Garbers looked good and will be the most experienced QB in the north next season. The Bears will also have a significant number of returning players. Are they primed for a run at the north? Emotional leader Evan Weaver will be gone though. 

We are deep at LB so I’m not worried about him leaving.  I am worried about a Dline that has been pushed around all season although we will have some good talent coming in. 

Cal returns the entire offensive line and every meaningful skill player.  We also get most of our tough games at home so 2020 will be our best chance in decades to crack 10 wins.  A lot will depend on who we hire at OC.

So this is way too Oregon-centric, (although it does have Leinart and Sanchez in it) but just wow. Joey's pretty maudlin, but he's eloquent. For those who don't know, Justin Wilcox's parents are best friends with Herbert's parents, and Justin was named after Coach Wilcox. I teared up a little.

5 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

So this is way too Oregon-centric, (although it does have Leinart and Sanchez in it) but just wow. Joey's pretty maudlin, but he's eloquent. For those who don't know, Justin Wilcox's parents are best friends with Herbert's parents, and Justin was named after Coach Wilcox. I teared up a little.

That is a pretty awkward interview, IMO. I normally like Yogi Roth's work too, but the "how does that make you feel" approach to interviews is ... not my favorite.  

I suppose I know how other Pac12 fans felt about Jake Locker now. Husky fans sentimentalized his role for the program as well. 

Archived