The Bowl Thread

Scscsc89

2 hours ago, Chile_Ute said:

But if we’re honest with ourselves, we were good killing mediocre teams.

Exactly.  However when I say it, everyone gets angry.  Utah is a good team, with some good players.  But they're not yet CFP caliber.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

I understand reality

I'm not sure that you do. 

I tried to tell you in September that Utah was not "bigger, stronger and faster" than Oklahoma, as you were so determined to believe.  "IN REALITY", Utah is not quite on par with teams like LSU, BAMA, Auburn, OU, ND, PSU, Ohio State and etc.  They are a good team (T20), but not an elite team/program.

Now …. Go ahead with your childish, profanity-laced reply, because it's what you do when you can't handle the truth.

9 hours ago, HLB said:

What did I say that was a lie?  The only thing I did was explain to you why Georgia's loss did not have anything to do with "potentially" opening the door for Utah to go to the Cotton Bowl.

I don't know, 80% of this shit you said for the past 4 months?

2 hours ago, HLB said:

Why don't you give me specific instances? 

Here's why:  Because you can't. 

I can, and have, numerous times. The only person I'd need to convince is you.  And you're so busy wearing your own shit as cologne, you can't bother to be convinced.  Suck my balls.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:59 PM, azgreg said:

Rose: Oregon vs. Wisconsin

Alamo: Utah vs. Texas

Holiday: USC vs. Iowa

Redbox: Cal vs. Illinois

Sun: ASU vs. Florida St.

Las Vegas: Washington vs. Boise St.

Cheez-It Bowl: Washington St vs. Air Force

I like that bowl line up...too bad my Buffs ain't in it.

3 hours ago, Orange said:

I can, and have, numerous times. The only person I'd need to convince is you.  And you're so busy wearing your own shit as cologne, you can't bother to be convinced.  Suck my balls.

So give me specific instances.  You won't, because you can't.

I like Utah's chances against Texas.  I know there's the disappointing end to the season but knocking Texas off in their own state will make Ute fans smile.  I will be very happy if that happens too.

Cal versus Illinois...Cal should win this one.

UW-Boise State...that should be a fun one to watch except for Bronco fans.

ASU versus FSU...pitchforks versus spears.  ASU should win this one due to the FSU coaching transition.

UO versus Wisconsin.  That's going to be a good one to watch and given how the Ducks did against the Utes, there's reason to believe the Ducks win the Rose Bowl.

WSU versus AFA...Air Raid versus the Air Force option.  Going to be a tough game for the Cougars.

USC versus Iowa...I agree that would be the least confident anyone would have in a Pac-12 victory.

I cannot wait for next year's bowl line up.

After watching a lot of USC football, I think we stack up pretty well against a stay-in-the-pocket QB and a defense that wants to slow things down & keep the score low.  

(Haven't seen a ton of Iowa football this season but that's usually the Ferentz M.O.)

Hawkeyes are probably most like Washington, who we would have probably done better against if we had had Slovis.  

Should be a good game ... if we show up.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:30 PM, PapaG said:

Utah and Oregon are every bit as good as Oklahoma.

^^This^^

It's the same thing as saying Alabama, Penn State, Georgia, Baylor and Wisconsin aren't "CFP caliber" because they didn't get in. I think any one of 'em could beat Oklahoma, but let's use a different yardstick for the Pac-12.

Archived