Picking Up The Pieces

PAC MAN

On 8/1/2023 at 11:56 AM, clpp01 said:

Not sure what stalling is going to do but at least it will give them time to put out another unity statement.

The one they will be sending out after UA to the Big 12 is official later today?

Utah could very well end up going to Big 12, as it seems finances and stability may make it irresponsible not to. I will be sad about not playing western schools in areas I prefer and being associated with top tier research Universities. If it happens, I certainly would not come here, gloat, and try to rub others noses in it. I always kind of gave Jalapeño a pass, as he seems to be kind of "special",  but he has been acting like an ass bragging about the big "invite". 

• Like 3

On 8/1/2023 at 4:28 PM, Mano said:

Utah could very well end up going to Big 12, as it seems finances and stability may make it irresponsible not to. I will be sad about not playing western schools in areas I prefer and being associated with top tier research Universities. If it happens, I certainly would not come here, gloat, and try to rub others noses in it. I always kind of gave Jalapeño a pass, as he seems to be kind of "special",  but he has been acting like an ass bragging about the big "invite". 

If you are talking research tiers, there isn’t much difference between both conferences since only Baylor, BYU, and TCU are not tier 1 research schools.  The only difference is the number of AAU members and it is a selective club that only helps in bringing more research dollars to member schools.  Even the Big Ten has said that AAU membership is not a priority.

And talking of being an ass, there are those Twitter Ute fans and their attitude towards the Big 12.  BYU looks like the good guy in the eyes of the Big 12 fan base at this point.  Ute fans will be kicking themselves hard after a couple years of being in the Big 12 especially when they see the night and day difference in the fan base passion.  The same goes for the schools that go to the Big Ten.

Conference loyalty is a thing of the past at this point.  If you value that, you might as well go back to the MWC.

On 8/1/2023 at 7:17 PM, PAC MAN said:

If you are talking research tiers, there isn’t much difference between both conferences since only Baylor, BYU, and TCU are not tier 1 research schools.  

Baylor got T1 last year. BYU and TCU are still in that T2 but TCU could still move up. 

Baylor Officially Announces Pursuit of Research 1/Tier 1 Goals

On 8/1/2023 at 8:17 PM, PAC MAN said:

If you are talking research tiers, there isn’t much difference between both conferences since only Baylor, BYU, and TCU are not tier 1 research schools.  The only difference is the number of AAU members and it is a selective club that only helps in bringing more research dollars to member schools.  Even the Big Ten has said that AAU membership is not a priority.

And talking of being an ass, there are those Twitter Ute fans and their attitude towards the Big 12.  BYU looks like the good guy in the eyes of the Big 12 fan base at this point.  Ute fans will be kicking themselves hard after a couple years of being in the Big 12 especially when they see the night and day difference in the fan base passion.  The same goes for the schools that go to the Big Ten.

Conference loyalty is a thing of the past at this point.  If you value that, you might as well go back to the MWC.

Sorry, the "other people were dicks to me so it is ok to be a dick to you" excuse doesn't float.

You are being a jackass and trying to kick others while they are down, celebrating not CU's accomplishment but others misfortune. USC fans and UCLA fans didn't do that, even though lots of random people on twitter gave their schools shit. You seem good with being an ass, so have fun. I will find no joy in any of the schools here suffering because of matters beyond their control.

On 8/1/2023 at 8:17 PM, PAC MAN said:

Wrong again on academics my dim little friend.  Again, don’t ever speak for Ute fans especially since you have no clue how we handle our business . 

We have 80 straight sellouts at Rice Eccles and counting. Washington, Oregon and USC all had good crowds last year. I think Oregon State is back as well with new digs. B12 attendance really isn’t much better than P12 attendance. Especially with Texas and OU leaving. So another stat you’re crowing about with no research.

Lastly, go take your fight to Twitter with the Ute fans that made you cry. Nobody here wants to watch your B12 hand job. 

It's stunning that it isn't widely understood on this board how totally awful the Kliavkoff/Apple deal is.  it is all based on risk, harkening the "Eastern Rim" strategy of Larry Scott, when he argued that Oregon St playing Utah would draw mega media crowds in Shenzhen, Jakarta, and Seoul.  Those of us (like me) who badly want the pac to survive and thrive now have to concentrate on just "survive."  If that's possible.

As for the debate here between Utah and Colorado fans, it's a lot of wasted words.  CU is s sh!t team that may or may not improve to be decent under Sanders.  Utah, on the other hand, is understandably connected to the direction of the west coast and beyond (Samoa), but with what's coming down, that approach is delusional,  If the Utah administrationn isn't careful, they'll end up in the Pac-5 with Cal, WSU, ASU, and OSU.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2023 at 6:45 AM, EastCoastFan said:

It's stunning that it isn't widely understood on this board how totally awful the Kliavkoff/Apple deal is.  it is all based on risk, harkening the "Eastern Rim" strategy of Larry Scott, when he argued that Oregon St playing Utah would draw mega media crowds in Shenzhen, Jakarta, and Seoul.  Those of us (like me) who badly want the pac to survive and thrive now have to concentrate on just "survive."  If that's possible.

As for the debate here between Utah and Colorado fans, it's a lot of wasted words.  CU is s sh!t team that may or may not improve to be decent under Sanders.  Utah, on the other hand, is understandably connected to the direction of the west coast and beyond (Samoa), but with what's coming down, that approach is delusional,  If the Utah administrationn isn't careful, they'll end up in the Pac-5 with Cal, WSU, ASU, and OSU.

First off Pete Thamel is very hit and miss with his reporting. We don’t know if that’s really what’s on the table. 

If it is, I haven’t seen anyone here sign off on this deal. I want hard numbers, not guesses at network partners. 

As far as Utah being careful, I think many Ute fans are loyal to the PAC to a point. @Mano and I have both mentioned survivability several times. I don’t trust GK as far as I can throw him. But I do trust Mark Harlan and our President to make good decisions for our school. Mark has taken things to a new level in all sports at Utah. 

Challenging times for sure. 

• Like 1