Weak Two Predictions

HLB

On 9/10/2022 at 8:31 PM, MrBug708 said:

Wonder what happened to ******?

Oh, SDSU lost to the worst PAC-12 team last week, followed up by a ranked B10 team losing to a bottom half PAC-12 school.

That'll do it.

Great win for Wazzu.  It remains to be seen if they are a bottom-half team, in the PAC12.  It also remains to be seen if Wisconsin is an upper-half team in the B1G.  Too early to tell who is truly good, who is truly average, and who is truly bad.  Nonetheless, and really good win for WAZZU.  (BTW, I thought PAC12 fans only cheered for their individual teams and not the conference).

On another note, a bottom-half SEC school soundly defeated a bottom-half PAC12 school.  What does that mean (in your eyes).

I would also note that SDSU soundly defeated the same Idaho team that WAZZU struggled with, in week one.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2022 at 12:27 PM, glduck said:

Ah, struggling for absolutely no reason against a shit opponent. Brings back memories.

B03C1EC7-A6E5-45B8-B7F2-B4A1074FBAC6.jpeg

Miami 30, USM 7 .... The game is 60 minutes long, not 30 .... It's not how you start, but how you finish

On 9/8/2022 at 4:46 PM, Orange said:

For starters, I don't think anyone scores 97 points

Would you settle for 73 points?  My point in picking 97 points was the mere fact that I knew this was going to be a massacre, and that UTAH would score an insane amount of points.  Hence the sarcastic point total of 97.

On 9/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, Orange said:

These predictions are definitely weak

Well, let's see how I did on these "weak" predictions:

Utah 97, So. Utah 10 .... (NOT TOO FAR OFF ....Utah wins 73-7)

Wisconsin 41, Washington State 17 .... (At LEAST I GOT THE WAZZU SCORE CORRECT ....  WAZZU 17, Wisky 14 .... A very good win for WAZZU)

Air Force 37, Colorado 17 .... (NAILED IT! [almost] ... AF 41, Col 10)

California 30, UNLV 27 .... (PRETTY CLOSE! .... CAL 20, UNLV 14)

Washington 48, Portland State 10 .... (NOT TOO FAR OFF! .... Washington 52, Portland State 6)

UCLA 62, Alabama State 7 .... (ANOTHER GOOD PREDICTION .... UCLA 45, Alabama State 7)

Oklahoma State 43, AZ State 38 .... (CLOSE ENOUGH FOR GOV'T WORK) .... OK State 34, AZ State 17)

USC 62, Stanford 10 .... (I THINK USC PULLED BACK IN THE 2ND HALF) .... USC 41, Stanford 28

Oregon 44, EWU 23 .... (I GOT THE VICTORY, BUT WAS WAY OFF ON THE SCORE) .... Oregon 70, EWU 14

Oregon State 37, Fresno State 31 .... (WOW!  ALMOST HIT THIS ONE) .... Oregon State 35, Fresno 32)

Mississippi State 45, Arizona 34 .... (A LITTLE BIT OFF ON THIS ONE) .... MS STATE 39, AZ 17

I missed one.  Not so weak, IMO.

On 9/11/2022 at 2:33 AM, HLB said:

Great win for Wazzu.  It remains to be seen if they are a bottom-half team, in the PAC12.  It also remains to be seen if Wisconsin is an upper-half team in the B1G.  Too early to tell who is truly good, who is truly average, and who is truly bad.  Nonetheless, and really good win for WAZZU.  (BTW, I thought PAC12 fans only cheered for their individual teams and not the conference).

On another note, a bottom-half SEC school soundly defeated a bottom-half PAC12 school.  What does that mean (in your eyes).

I would also note that SDSU soundly defeated the same Idaho team that WAZZU struggled with, in week one.

Arizona went 1-11 last year. Bottom half is being kind.

On 9/11/2022 at 9:31 AM, MrBug708 said:

Arizona went 1-11 last year. Bottom half is being kind.

Yes it is.  They have, however, shown improvement from last year.  But this coming weekend, vs. Montana State, could be a setback.

Likewise, Mississippi State is more like the bottom 3rd, or bottom 25% of the SEC.  They're about to lose 5 of their next six games, and then two more in the final four games .... I anticipate a 5-7 record on the year, for MS STATE.

On 9/6/2022 at 10:15 PM, JoeBeaver said:

Ok, I'll play.

Utah 45, So Utah 10

Wisconsin 17, Wazzu 14

Colorado 24, AF 21

Cal 35, UNLV 17

UW 41, Portland St 24

UCLA 49, Bama St 6

Okie St 44, ASU 17

Stanford 27, USC 24

uo 48, EWU 31

OSU 42, Fresno St 24

Arizona 35, Miss St 24

Short changed Oregon and Utah, but correctly picked the winners.

Got the WAZZU score correct, but in reverse; A very good win for WAZZU; Missed on Colorado; Nice job with Cal and UW; ALMOST hit UCLA score; Missed on USC (SC is going to win the PAC12 and make the CFP).  Nice job on Oregon State.  Missed Arizona (their win over SDSU may have been misleading).

Overall:  7-4 .... Good job!

Hoped Arizona could swing the upset, but I wasn’t sure what to read into their win over SDSU. I know they’re usually pretty good but they also have Braxton Burmeister starting at qb. He now has the distinction of being the worst starting quarterback over the last 10-15 years at three different schools.

On 9/11/2022 at 12:50 PM, glduck said:

Hoped Arizona could swing the upset, but I wasn’t sure what to read into their win over SDSU. I know they’re usually pretty good but they also have Braxton Burmeister starting at qb. He now has the distinction of being the worst starting quarterback over the last 10-15 years at three different schools.

The SDSU win made many people wonder.  It's hard to read the first week outcomes.  I think overall, they collect 3 wins on the season.  Which is three times better than last year, and a move in the right direction.

On 9/11/2022 at 11:02 AM, MrBug708 said:

UCLA sat their starting running back and when their starting QB dinged his ankle, they sat him at the end of the first, so they really didn't even try that game. Next week Southern Bama might be a trap game.

S. Alabama (Sunbelt team) is a sneaky opponent.  They won't be deterred, and they will put up a fight.  They will have "upset" on their mind, but I think UCLA will be prepared and won't be caught off guard, based on this past Saturday's games.  I think UCLA wins.

On 9/11/2022 at 5:33 AM, HLB said:

You're doing it again.  Ignorance once is okay, but repeated quickly in a couple of days is, well, what it is.  Idaho (the team that lost to Wazzu) is not the same team as Idaho State (the team that lost to San Diego St).  Do you also mix up FSU and Florida?  Or PSU and Penn?

On 9/11/2022 at 8:34 AM, HLB said:

Yes it is.  They have, however, shown improvement from last year.  But this coming weekend, vs. Montana State, could be a setback.

Likewise, Mississippi State is more like the bottom 3rd, or bottom 25% of the SEC.  They're about to lose 5 of their next six games, and then two more in the final four games .... I anticipate a 5-7 record on the year, for MS STATE.

Who's playing Montana State, dipshit?

I’m not sure if it’s going to be a regular thing, but Stanford showed a new offensive scheme against USC that apparently is based on Wake Forrest’s “Slow Mesh”.

imagine an RPO but the quarterback holds the ball in the running back’s basket for an eternity.  I guess the idea is to get their big wide receivers down field in one-on-one to make plays or draw PI. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Archived