2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 9/21/2023 at 5:32 AM, trickydlck said:

The real Coach Prime effect = innovation. Bet we see a bunch of other teams start doing this now.

I've heard Coach Prime writes down plays ahead of time, and puts them on the QB's wrist or encodes them on placards and stuff.  Real cutting-edge shit.

On 9/21/2023 at 9:45 AM, MrBug708 said:

Line has moved sharply to Utah -6, up from -4.5 which means word is leaking out that Cam is likely playing

Even if he plays, and that certainly isn't a sure thing, he will be rusty and far from 100%. This game has me worried,  hoping the defense continues to play well and can generate a few turnovers and that the offense can do enough to win.

On 9/20/2023 at 10:13 PM, MrBug708 said:

Running game looks like a normal Chip Kelly offense, WR actually has NFL talent for the first time since probably JJ Stokes, so that's weird to say. OL has steadily improved but I'm not sure I trust it, with two guys who took forever to finally start.

I will not stand for this Freddie Mitchell erasure.

On 9/21/2023 at 9:07 AM, Mano said:

Even if he plays, and that certainly isn't a sure thing, he will be rusty and far from 100%. This game has me worried,  hoping the defense continues to play well and can generate a few turnovers and that the offense can do enough to win.

3 points for the usual home field advantage and 3 more for the difference in early rankings doesn't feel too far off from a week 4 betting line. UCLA's offense needs to open up the right side of the field for the running game like it did last year. If the running game isn't working, it's gonna be a long day for Dante. It could be a long day either way. Thankful for no night game at least 

Not enough has been said about Penix and UW.  I think this guy has one of the best silky smooth deep balls I’ve ever seen.  Makes it look easy and UW probably has 2 NFL WRs

Great OL play to boot. 

Caleb is still the best overall QB and athlete in the country but Penix is at the top of my chart as well. 

UW by 30 this weekend. 

OSU/WSU is OSU -2.5.  Beavs were 11-2 ATS last year.  I want to say J Smith's teams will have better discipline on the road than, say, the "good" teams of the Riley years where we incessantly choked or under-performed, but this WSU team scores a lot of points.  Our "weakness" is in the secondary, but they showed up against SDSU.  We just need DJ to outscore Cam Ward, who's been efficient as hell.

I'll take the Beavs by 1.  Maybe OT.  Ugh, get me some indica.

On 9/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, Orange said:

OSU/WSU is OSU -2.5.  Beavs were 11-2 ATS last year.  I want to say J Smith's teams will have better discipline on the road than, say, the "good" teams of the Riley years where we incessantly choked or under-performed, but this WSU team scores a lot of points.  Our "weakness" is in the secondary, but they showed up against SDSU.  We just need DJ to outscore Cam Ward, who's been efficient as hell.

I'll take the Beavs by 1.  Maybe OT.  Ugh, get me some indica.

I mentioned at the start of the week, this could be the best game of the week.  I hope Utah blows out UCLA but I think this will be a tight one as well. 

Oregon State is leading the conference in total defense, Utah is second. 

On 9/22/2023 at 8:45 AM, glduck said:

Well now I’m getting nervous, the whole sports world seems to be taking Oregon in a blowout. ESPN has a damn article up with the words “boat race” in the headline accompanied by a picture of Deion smiling. Don’t care for these vibes, not one bit.

LOL. I love it.

"I think Oregon is going to boat race them," said an opposing assistant coach. "Oregon is different up front. There's a lot of bark, not much bite to Colorado. When they run into the bigger dogs in the Pac-12, it's going to come to an end."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/38455852/colorado-buffaloes-deion-sanders-coach-scouting-report