2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 11/11/2023 at 9:10 PM, Orange said:

Yeah, everyone wants to see that, and not a top-ten matchup in the pac-12.   Fuck ESPN. 

They for sure do not want that optic. But why is a team about to win double digit games in consecutive years being banished? Golly it wasn't our fault here at the flagship!

- We’ve played Caleb Williams twice now, and Drake Maye once. If I’m a GM of an NFL franchise (disclaimer: I am not, currently, the general manager of an NFL franchise) I think Williams is clearly the #1 overall pick. Maye has the tools, Williams has the tools and the Mahomesian ability to extend any play. If Arizona gets the top pick I’ve heard some Williams/Kyler Murray comparisons, but outside of their athleticism I’m not seeing it. Williams both A.) understands how to quarterback, and B.) gives a shit about football, two things I’ve never associated with Kyler Murray.

- I don’t think JJ McCarthy is the best player on his team, and despite Jayden Daniels putting on a show last night he’s not RG3-level good to win a Heisman in spite of a so-so team. Assuming both Washington and Oregon win out and meet in Vegas, that game is not only for a CFP berth but the Heisman.

- People think Oregon has money, but we don’t have pay-a-$76-million-buyout, pay-another-school’s-buyout-to-poach-their-coach, give-the-new-coach-a-massive-contract money. Good christ, this A&M move is going to set them back $125-150 million. I’m sure Lanning’s name will come up for any SEC opening, but like Auburn last year, I’m thankful he has no ties to the school. 

On 11/5/2023 at 5:18 PM, utenation said:

I don’t think it’s a homer pick. You guys are soon to be 5-0 at home after Stanford. 

Smith is a great coach and excellent at gameplans. You have a run game, decent defense and DJ is playing a bit better. Line will probably be UW-3. 

@Orange, I said UW -3. It’s -1. Should be the game of the week.  Win this and beat Oregon(easier said than done) and you’re looking good for the title game. 

But you also need your buddies Utah to beat AZ this week. 

On 11/12/2023 at 4:30 PM, utenation said:

@Orange, I said UW -3. It’s -1. Should be the game of the week.  Win this and beat Oregon(easier said than done) and you’re looking good for the title game. 

But you also need your buddies Utah to beat AZ this week. 

We’d need UW to lose the Apple cup.   Ain’t happening.  

On 11/13/2023 at 10:12 AM, Orange said:

We’d need UW to lose the Apple cup.   Ain’t happening.  

I'm saying to get the second spot to get to the championship game for Oregon State.  In my scenario, UW would have 1 loss. Right now AZ has the head to head with you with 2 losses.  If Oregon wins out, they are in. And I don't see WSU beating UW. AZ would need Oregon to lose 1 or two games. If both Oregon and AZ have 2 losses, I don't know what the next tie breaker is. 

Utah and SC are out with 3 losses. 

85% chance it's UW/Oregon is my guess.

Oregon St would be in a  really good spot if they win out.  If Oregon St wins out the only way they wouldn't make the championship game is if Arizona won out and Oregon also lost to Arizona St.

correction: Oregon St would also need Washington to beat Washington St.

On 11/13/2023 at 11:48 AM, MrBug708 said:

Notre Dame - Stanford is getting the P12 network time slot. That's hilarious. A final sendoff for the conference 

LOL. that is funny.  I bet NBC wishes this was in South Bend.  I can hear all the Domer fans now.. Wondering what the P12 network is and throwing a fit. 

When they eventually announce Utah/Colorado as the ESPN game it will make I believe 10 of our 12 games this year on either the Pac-12 or SEC Networks.  Of all the things that suck about the conference imploding this is one of the few where I can't wait to be rid of it.

On 11/13/2023 at 11:13 AM, clpp01 said:

Oregon St would be in a  really good spot if they win out.  If Oregon St wins out the only way they wouldn't make the championship game is if Arizona won out and Oregon also lost to Arizona St.

correction: Oregon St would also need Washington to beat Washington St.

If OSU wins out, they wouldn't need Oregon to lose to ASU. Because OSU would have the head to head over Oregon. 

On 11/13/2023 at 12:13 PM, clpp01 said:

When they eventually announce Utah/Colorado as the ESPN game it will make I believe 10 of our 12 games this year on either the Pac-12 or SEC Networks.  Of all the things that suck about the conference imploding this is one of the few where I can't wait to be rid of it.

That's terrible.  I'll tell you, I'm not looking forward to paying for ESPN + next year in the B12. The P12 network is sweet for what it is.  And I don't pay extra with my sport's pack.  

On 11/13/2023 at 12:17 PM, utenation said:

If OSU wins out, they wouldn't need Oregon to lose to ASU. Because OSU would have the head to head over Oregon. 

H2H tie breakers wouldn't apply to any tie involving both Arizona & Oregon since they didn't face each other.  

A Breakdown of potential 2 loss ties breakers.

Arizona, Oregon, Oregon St & Washington: Arizona & Oregon

Oregon, Oregon St & Washington: Oregon St (1) & Washington (2)

Arizona, Oregon, Oregon St: Oregon St (2)

Arizona, Oregon & Washington: Arizona & Oregon

Arizona, Oregon St & Washington: Arizona (1) & Oregon St (2)