2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 11/19/2023 at 1:27 AM, Trojan209 said:

I’m not well connected enough but the alums I do know that are say we could be making a play for Jim Leonhard, Zac Arnett, and if he gets fired, Dave Aranda could come into play. One guy I’d love to see in the mix is Gary Patterson but idk how well he fits with Riley and LA in general. Whoever it is needs to be an actual established DC.

IMO the game plan should be moving away from the Leach defensive coaching tree. I know Grinch at the time seemed like a good hire and had a lot of experience working under coaches like Chip Kelly, Sean McDonnell, Pinkle and Leach. But those were mostly offensive guys. Riley should have the pull to grab someone at an elite level.

I know a few good TCU fans, they said Gary’s enjoying retirement.  I think he’s burnt out and lost his mojo. 

He had that consulting job at Texas but quit in March. 

On 11/18/2023 at 8:02 PM, Orange said:

Great game, UW. Hope you make the playoffs.  

That’s the end of the season as far as I’m concerned.   Looking at 8-4 with a road game next week.   Then sayonara to all you other traitor fucks in this soon-to-be-extinct conference.  

What a nerve wracking game. Felt like it was tilting the wrong way the entire second half, kind of like the Oregon game.

This seems like the latest installment of a matchup that is almost always dramatic and entertaining. I am going to miss playing the Beavs. Would love to see a game at Reser at some point. Hope you all find a good landing spot and keep rocking. 

On 11/19/2023 at 7:07 AM, HLB said:

Looking ahead to next week (because I know @utenationand @Orange want to know, here are next week's predictions:

Oregon is going to beat Oregon State like @Orange's mother should have beaten him, (56-17);

Utah is going to close out the first year of Coach Prime's P5 experiment, and easily defeat Colorado, (48-20);

AZ is just too good for ASU and will knock off their state rival, 45-13;

Washington takes all of the apples, and knocks off Wazzu, 37-23;

Notre Dame will put Stanford out of their misery, 48-10;

UCLA takes down California, 26-24.

Enjoy the games!

I like how your bitch-ass disappears when your picks and predictions and wild gesticulations blow up in your face and then you come back blathering like a fucking pigeon when you get 1% of something right.   Again, kill yourself.  If OSU wins next week, it’ll be fun never seeing you again, ya fucking braindead coward.  

On 11/19/2023 at 10:36 AM, row Z said:

What a nerve wracking game. Felt like it was tilting the wrong way the entire second half, kind of like the Oregon game.

This seems like the latest installment of a matchup that is almost always As dramatic and entertaining. I am going to miss playing the Beavs. Would love to see a game at Reser at some point. Hope you all find a good landing spot and keep rocking. 

I couldn’t believe how well both defenses played.  I guess the weather had something to do with it, but Muhammad was just an absolute killer out there.   

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 6:49 AM, HLB said:

So you agree that OSU can't beat Oregon.

Back in January, I projected 7-5, which you continuously criticized me fore, and their going to finish 8-4 (which is a good season for OSU, and only one game off from my prediction 10 months ago).

It will be interesting who they play in a bowl game. 

They'll probably lose.

So this is you jumping in here to brag about being wrong?  

You also said Oregon state was in “free fall” right before they beat Colorado and Stanford, and came within one completion and a FG of beating the #5 team in the country, dipshit   

Just curious, do you also tell women you have a working dick and then brag when it almost gets hard?

On 11/19/2023 at 8:26 AM, utenation said:

I know a few good TCU fans, they said Gary’s enjoying retirement.  I think he’s burnt out and lost his mojo. 

He had that consulting job at Texas but quit in March. 

He is lurking IMO….but there is no way he exposes himself to USC culture and Riley (no offense meant to Trojan fans), he put up with UT for some extra cabbage.

On 11/19/2023 at 5:40 PM, Chile_Ute said:

He is lurking IMO….but there is no way he exposes himself to USC culture and Riley (no offense meant to Trojan fans), he put up with UT for some extra cabbage.

His last quote as he was leaving Texas was “need more family time”.

I’d love to see Gary back in the game. 

On 11/19/2023 at 10:32 PM, utenation said:

That works. Hoping  that means Kuithe is joining him. 

Cam probably did the math knowing he can get more in NIL than a bum free agent(could get cut anytime) deal in the NFL with a busted up knee as his resume. 

Not to mention is a strong qb class (apparently). May be better off getting a good year of production in prior to the draft. 

That said, I really think you guys should rest him next year.  Can’t be too safe…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2023 at 2:11 PM, Orange said:

Exactly.  Play him.  Wreck the fucking Big 12 with him.   (We don’t have to go up against him, lol)

Him back also likely keeps other good players at Utah for one more year.  Cam said today he’s already recruiting. He’s an alpha that people listen to. 

My guess is Utah will be in the top 2 in B12 pre season polls.  I think AZ deserves to be right there with what they’ve built. 

I also think this keeps Whittingham juiced to coach a few more years. The idea of Cam, new challenges in the B12 and the playoff opening to 12. 

We need to cherish everything this man has done for our program. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 6:53 AM, HLB said:

If anyone makes the CFP, they will get hammered by Georgia, Ohio State or Michigan.

In truth, the PAC doesn't any team that can beat the elites of CFB.

The way Michigan hammered TCU?

The Pac-12 does any team that can beat the elites. Didn't Oregon win in the Horseshoe 26 months ago?

Why do you continue to beat this dead horse? We all understand that your only purpose here is to proclaim the weakness of the Pac-12, and we don't fucking care about your opinion (or your predictions.) 

On 11/19/2023 at 7:00 AM, HLB said:

Perhaps better weather would have yielded more scoring. 

Weather doesn't "yield" scoring, Edward R. Murrow. Actually that's an insult to Mr. Murrow. You're closer to Franklin W. Dixon.

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2023 at 6:57 PM, Mano said:

Whatever happened to Jalepeno?

After about 3-4 CU losses in a row when he realized CU wasn’t going bowling he bounced with another “I’m out of here” post. 

He’ll be back after the smoke clears from all his CU gear he lit on fire.  Probably had to take a break from all the trash talk he had going on when CU was 3-0.

On 11/20/2023 at 6:48 PM, Quack 12 said:

The way Michigan hammered TCU?

The Pac-12 does any team that can beat the elites. Didn't Oregon win in the Horseshoe 26 months ago?

Why do you continue to beat this dead horse? We all understand that your only purpose here is to proclaim the weakness of the Pac-12, and we don't fucking care about your opinion (or your predictions.) 

Weather doesn't "yield" scoring, Edward R. Murrow. Actually that's an insult to Mr. Murrow. You're closer to Franklin W. Dixon.

You still crack me up when you wordsmith this clown. Almost like a cat playing with a dead mouse. 

I quit responding to this fruit fly awhile ago.  Which is why he tags orange and I 5 millions times a week.  He’s very desperate for drama and attention. 

Nobody responds in his weekly picks threads so he has moved his shit show to this thread looking for attention. 

It almost feels like you break some boredom to come smack him around a bit.  I certainly don’t mind you putting your foot up his ass. As brief as it is. lol. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2023 at 5:48 PM, utenation said:

His last quote as he was leaving Texas was “need more family time”.

I’d love to see Gary back in the game. 

No lie, Mrs. Chile and Patterson go back and forth on Instagram….her last chat was about how his buddy Jerry Kill quietly kicked ass at New Mexico State this year.

I told her he should make the Lobos his charity project

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2023 at 12:07 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Why not, I am in.  Now of sanders gets hurt I’m doomed.  Hopefully I didn’t jinx them.  But one, they can win one….right!?

On 10/9/2023 at 12:01 PM, utenation said:

How about a friendly t shirt or hat bet on that?

I say they lose all 5. 

You're not looking too good for this bet my friend.  I said they would lose 5 in a row. It will actually be 6 in a row with Stanford.

Utah is fighting the flu bug this week but I think we'll have enough to handle CU. Line is 22.5. I'm guessing Shedeur isn't playing. Probably best.  Bad news Jonah Elliss(12 sacks this year) is out for the year.  Most likely our best LB Reid is out for the year too. Both were injured in the UW game.

Cole Bishop should be back. He was fighting sickness and out for the AZ game,