2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 12/3/2023 at 2:57 PM, glduck said:

🤷‍♂️

IMG_2177.jpeg

If I were UO, I would rather see what Ty Thompson has.   If Ty is not the guy after being there multiple seasons plus 15 bowl practices as QB1 and having a better team surrounding him than the team he is playing, it is good to learn that now.  But it is Nix's decision.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:10 PM, utenation said:

@Trojan209, what can we expect from SC vs Louisville? Who is out? Williams for sure right?

Energy or already packed it in this season? 

UL, is pretty bad. Look at their schedule.  A few good wins but barely beat a bunch of bad teams. Terrible loss to Pitt.

Honestly nothing good is gonna come out of USC for this game. If we’re lucky we may be able to keep it close because Louisville’s offense isn’t that great. So far there are 4 confirmed portal entries with 2 planning or have announced on social media they are transferring none have contributed heavily this year but it does hurt depth. Brendan Rice and Marshawn Lloyd are entering the draft. Caleb hasn’t announced yet but most are thinking he’s gone.

The one positive is it gives the younger guys the extra practice so maybe we’ll see some of them play some more.

@Mano and @Chile_Ute,

Barnes is gone after the bowl game. I've been critical of his play but this dude is all class and a team player.  He did the best he could with limited ability. He wants to play and won't play at Utah as long as Cam is healthy. I'm sure he could get some playing time at a decent G5 school. 

https://www.si.com/college/utah/football/utah-qb-and-pig-farming-sensation-bryson-barnes-enter-the-transfer-portal

Fans amaze me with their ignorance sometimes. 

GK is an easy target and scapegoat for the demise of the P12.  This guy didn't turn down ESPN's $30 million offer in 2022. Presidents foolishly did.  After ESPN said fuck you then, Fox wasn't interested, so what was left? A shitty Apple deal, that no one wanted. This isn't GK's fault. 

GK might have been an arrogant, ignorant clown but he didn't destroy the conference. Larry Scott with his ineptness and $6 billion a month salary did far more to destroy this conference. 

https://www.si.com/college/utah/football/disgraced-pac-12-commish-george-kliavkoffs-final-action-perfectly-sums-up-his-tenure

I'm going to miss this guy, He really came on the last few years. Originally a walk on. Surprising with his skill and size. I think his NFL stock would have been much higher with Cam at QB. But I think there's enough on film to get a spot somewhere. 

He's 25. That's an old man entering the NFL.

https://247sports.com/Article/breaking-utah-receiver-devaughn-vele-has-declared-for-the-nfl-draft-221765460/

On 12/4/2023 at 11:22 AM, utenation said:

@Mano and @Chile_Ute,

Barnes is gone after the bowl game. I've been critical of his play but this dude is all class and a team player.  He did the best he could with limited ability. He wants to play and won't play at Utah as long as Cam is healthy. I'm sure he could get some playing time at a decent G5 school. 

https://www.si.com/college/utah/football/utah-qb-and-pig-farming-sensation-bryson-barnes-enter-the-transfer-portal

Absolute baller, he’ll land and do well somewhere.  I don’t blame him finding a place for PT. He was going back to 3 deep at least next year with Cam, Rose, ?Wilson (but rumor of a knee procedure coming up for him)