P12 Hoops 23/24

utenation

Looks like a cupcake bakeoff to start the season tonight. Except Oregon playing UGA and USC vs K State.

I expect Utah to take a step forward this year and get into the low 20's on wins and hopefully make some type of post season. Year 3 for Smith. Need to see progress. We won 17 last year but faded hard the second half of the season. A few injuries. 

On 11/6/2023 at 2:39 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Yeah, my buffs are a team with a lot of cupcakes.  Team should be pretty good, a lot depends on Williams being the real deal.

So far this year, we have @ Wake Forrest, @ St Mary's and BYU at home plus anyone else in The Charleston Classic. Houston/Townson.

On 11/6/2023 at 2:45 PM, MrBug708 said:

UCLA just got the clearance for their highly regarded 7'3 center Aday Mara, from Spain.

I'm happy Johnny Juzang made our Jazz Roster.  He scrapped his way through summer league and earned a spot.  Still a building year but he's with a good organization.  

On 11/6/2023 at 2:53 PM, utenation said:

I'm happy Johnny Juzang made our Jazz Roster.  He scrapped his way through summer league and earned a spot.  Still a building year but he's with a good organization.  

Unfortunately, team kinda sucks right now. I think they made a huge mistake not tanking last year. They are going to suck this year with a much worse draft class.

On 11/6/2023 at 3:18 PM, Mano said:

Unfortunately, team kinda sucks right now. I think they made a huge mistake not tanking last year. They are going to suck this year with a much worse draft class.

I have to say, not impressed with Will Hardy so far.  Our transition defense is awful.  We don't have a PG.. I've not watched the last 4-5 games. Unwatchable for me with all other other sports going on now.  The Mitchell/Gobert/Conley/Ingles teams were fun to watch.  

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 2:48 PM, utenation said:

So far this year, we have @ Wake Forrest, @ St Mary's and BYU at home plus anyone else in The Charleston Classic. Houston/Townson.

CU has Miami and FSU/UNLV and not a ton else (CSU I guess).  May be conference play before we have a lot.  There are high expectations, but who knows?

On 11/6/2023 at 5:56 PM, Buff_Fan said:

CU women hanging in there against LSU, down 2 after Q1.

We lost to them last year in the S16. Our ladies team is damn good. 

Not sure who LSU brought back but they’re ranked # 1. Utah is smoking the competition by over 100 points tonight. Lol. 

Sadly, the women’s team is far more popular than the men’s team the last few years.