NFL Thread

PAC MAN

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/14/2017 at 8:21 PM, glduck said:

honestly i agree. rawls and prosise have not proven they can stay healthy. and everything I've read today has suggested he's one of the better YAC backs in the league, even if he's not winning any sprint drills.

Me too. Been an admirer or Lacy for a while. He is still young, and averaged 5.5 yards per carry before getting injured last year. Very good signing, IMO, and I am not shy about crapping on seahawk moves if I don't like them. 

On 3/17/2017 at 4:55 PM, Mano said:

Anyone buying Lynch coming out of retirement to play for the Raiders?

honestly, yes. he's been linked to oakland for some time now, but it never made sense to force a trade from seattle to a basement team. but now that oakland is a legit contender, and seattle doesn't have a need for him, it makes a lot of sense for both sides. seattle lives off of mid-round picks, and oakland would get a well rested, popular native son who could really help them situationally and in the RZ.

3 hours ago, glduck said:

honestly, yes. he's been linked to oakland for some time now, but it never made sense to force a trade from seattle to a basement team. but now that oakland is a legit contender, and seattle doesn't have a need for him, it makes a lot of sense for both sides. seattle lives off of mid-round picks, and oakland would get a well rested, popular native son who could really help them situationally and in the RZ.

He's also been sending out cryptic social media messages that he is coming back home.  Who knows what a year off will do for him but he can't be any worse than Murray was in short yardage situations. 

On 3/27/2017 at 6:27 PM, RogueDuck said:

I'm hopeful this means the PAC 12 title game will get moved to Vegas.  

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/football/pac-12-would-consider-las-vegas-football-title-game

Looking like it might happen. Also:

http://lasvegasstadium.raiders.com

You can put down a deposit on a PSL for the new stadium. It is $100, refundable, and apparently guarantees you nothing. I got mine today.

i think it's great that vegas has a legitimate franchise now, but lol @ goodell talk about the city's transformation and eventual Super Bowl bid while this rule is still on the books:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-nfl-has-an-odd-rule-about-refs-visiting-las-vegas-during-the-regular-season/

money, roger. you could have started your press conference by walking to a podium, taking a drink of water, whisper the word "money" into the mic, and then valiantly skip off the stage.

So the Dolphins finally waive #3 overall 2013 pick Dion Jordan after he failed a physical with an injury they knew nothing about. He had also been suspended multiple time for substance abuse. Who do they replace him with?

To be suspended for substance abuse for eight games after he signs a contract, T.J. McDonald of course. WTG Miami.

so this richard sherman trade talk is weird. seattle is one of those teams that really don't leak anything prior to something going down, so bunk or not the fact that PC and the front office are trying to legitimize the trade talk is different than what we've been used to. 

26 minutes ago, glduck said:

so this richard sherman trade talk is weird. seattle is one of those teams that really don't leak anything prior to something going down, so bunk or not the fact that PC and the front office are trying to legitimize the trade talk is different than what we've been used to. 

The Raiders are interested and have offensive linemen to spare.  I hope something gets worked out. 

1 hour ago, glduck said:

So both the front office and PC are responsible for legitimizing the trade talk?  I'll update the newsletter.

Archived