NFL Thread

PAC MAN

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High praise for Raiders Obi Wan

Player comparison: Kam Chancellor, Seattle Seahawks

This comparison is low-hanging fruit, but the reality is there just isn’t another existing player in the NFL who can play up to Melifonwu’s ceiling based on his size and athleticism. Chancellor’s role is one that many teams try to emulate and Melifonwu is one of the few capable of living up to that type of hype.

I hated, or I guess doubt the soundness of, San Diego taking Mike Williams with the seventh pick of round one, but love them taking two big OL, Forest lamp and Dan Feeney, in rounds two and three. I give them a B- for Thursday and an A+ for Friday.

14 hours ago, glduck said:

looking @ Chidobe Awuzie (cornerback, colorado) with the 58. big corner who would look good opposite sherman.

That is who I was really hoping for in 2d, or Kevin King. I would have traded up in the 2d to get Awuzie. Not sure what Hawks are thinking with drafting a center. 

GL, are you surprised the Hawks didn't take any of the 3 UW secondary guys? Hope that was not a mistake. 

I do like the two Michigan guys (WR Darboh and SS Hill). It feels like Harbaugh is feeding Carroll inside tips on his players just to F with the Niners. Frank Clark was under the radar too.

2 hours ago, row Z said:

That is who I was really hoping for in 2d, or Kevin King. I would have traded up in the 2d to get Awuzie. Not sure what Hawks are thinking with drafting a center. 

GL, are you surprised the Hawks didn't take any of the 3 UW secondary guys? Hope that was not a mistake. 

I do like the two Michigan guys (WR Darboh and SS Hill). It feels like Harbaugh is feeding Carroll inside tips on his players just to F with the Niners. Frank Clark was under the radar too.

when they passed on king with the 26 and then the 31 i figured he wasn't going to be their guy; i was hoping they'd package one of their many 3rd and 4th rounders to move up for budda. i know he's a touch undersized but he has that "it" factor to me. sucks that he went to arizona. 

but then one of the blogs today mentioned that shaq griffin was the earliest schneider/PC had ever taken a corner (3rd round) so who knows. 

sounds like pocic is a real candidate to start at LG this year. if schneider decides not to pay britt after this season i figure pocic and joey hunt will battle to replace him at center. which leads me to my next point, schneider really hates paying his OL, so here's hoping joey hunt is good because this is probably britt's last year in seattle and we need some damn cohesion. 

i like the michigan guys too. i don't mean to speak ill of a former husky to a husky fan, but kearse really got under my skin with all his drops last year, after signing that fat extension. if darboh can be that 5th receiver (not asking much there) i'd honestly prefer to cut kearse and use the money elsewhere.

33 minutes ago, glduck said:

when they passed on king with the 26 and then the 31 i figured he wasn't going to be their guy; i was hoping they'd package one of their many 3rd and 4th rounders to move up for budda. i know he's a touch undersized but he has that "it" factor to me. sucks that he went to arizona. 

but then one of the blogs today mentioned that shaq griffin was the earliest schneider/PC had ever taken a corner (3rd round) so who knows. 

sounds like pocic is a real candidate to start at LG this year. if schneider decides not to pay britt after this season i figure pocic and joey hunt will battle to replace him at center. which leads me to my next point, schneider really hates paying his OL, so here's hoping joey hunt is good because this is probably britt's last year in seattle and we need some damn cohesion. 

i like the michigan guys too. i don't mean to speak ill of a former husky to a husky fan, but kearse really got under my skin with all his drops last year, after signing that fat extension. if darboh can be that 5th receiver (not asking much there) i'd honestly prefer to cut kearse and use the money elsewhere.

Agree that Shaquille looks promising. Schneider/Carroll had to have more info on the husky DBs than everyone else, so I have to assume they preferred Shaquille to them. 

I get your perspective on Kearse. He is probably overpaid for his production. I can't help having a soft spot for him based on all the massive playoff catches he has made for us, and that he is a husky. I recognize my bias though, so won't complain if they replace him.

Utah with 8 players drafted, most in Pac and 3rd most in the country.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/nfl-draft-picks-2017-most-selections-college-alabama-ohio-state-michigan-clemson/mrrpdzrcnust1p00owp6453ek

2017 Draft picks by school

Michigan 11
Alabama 10
Utah 8
Florida 8
LSU 8
Miami, Fla. 8
Ohio State 7
Tennessee 6
Clemson 6
North Carolina 6
Pittsburgh 5
Texas A&M 5
UCLA 5
USC 5
Washington 5
Auburn 4
Colorado 4
Florida State 4
Iowa 4
Oklahoma 4
Ole Miss 4
Virginia Tech 4
Arkansas 3
California 3
Houston 3
Louisiana Tech 3
N.C. State 3
San Diego State 3
South Florida 3
Temple 3
Toledo 3
Western Michigan 3
Wisconsin 3
Boise State 2
Eastern Washington 2
Kansas State 2
Louisville 2
Michigan State 2
Northwestern 2
Notre Dame 2
Ohio 2
Oklahoma State 2
Oregon State 2
Stanford 2
Texas Tech 2
Vanderbilt 2
Villanova 2
West Georgia 2
West Virginia 2
Wyoming 2
Youngstown State 2
Alabama State 1
Albany State (Ga.) 1
Arizona State 1
Ashland 1
Baylor 1
Boston College 1
Bucknell 1
Buffalo 1
BYU 1
Charlotte 1
Cincinnati 1
Coastal Carolina 1
Connecticut 1
Drake 1
East Carolina 1
East Central (Okla.) 1
Eastern Michigan 1
Florida Atlantic 1
Florida International 1
Georgia 1
Georgia Southern 1
Georgia State 1
Georgia Tech 1
Grambling 1
Illinois 1
Indiana 1
Kutztown (Pa.) 1
Lamar 1
Louisiana-Lafayette 1
Memphis 1
Miami, Ohio 1
Minnesota 1
Mississippi State 1
Missouri 1
Nebraska 1
North Carolina A&T 1
Northern Illinois 1
Penn State 1
Purdue 1
San Diego 1
South Alabama 1
Tennessee-Chattanooga 1
Texas 1
TCU 1
Troy 1
Tulane 1
UCF 1
Utah State 1
UTEP 1
Wake Forest 1
Washington State 1

a favorite of mine from 2012. not only did we get an F for drafting a super bowl winning qb and an all pro LB, we snagged guys like irvin and sweezy who we couldn't afford to extend but signed lucrative second contracts with other teams. we also got jeremy lane in this draft.

edit: is the image not showing? damnit. I'll try again when I'm not on my phone.

Archived