NFL Thread

PAC MAN

Lynch comes home!  Who knows if he will be of any use at all but at minimum it's a great story.  The Raiders gave Seattle a 2018 5th round pick in exchange for a 6th round pick so we basically got him for free.  Seattle was going to have to pay him 9 million in 2017 so I can see why they were happy to pass him off to the Raiders.  The Raiders will pay him 3 mil in 2017 and 4.5 million in 2018 if he's still around.  Apparently Lynch has been trying hard to convince Sherman to come with him to Oakland.  I guess we will see what happens there. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would trade sherman for oakland's #24. he's still an elite corner, but i'm tired of his mouth and sideline antics. at the present moment i feel the seahawks are stuck in 10/11 win territory and that's not ideal for a team that likely needs homefield advantage throughout the playoffs to get back to the super bowl. i think we need to go through a minor retooling, the extra first rounder and the money we'd save not paying sherman would go a long way towards that. 

The problem is that while we could certainly use an elite corner, we have dire needs at DT and LB.  we also need money to sign Carr and Mack to their mega contracts.  I doubt a deal gets done unless the price for Sherman is less than a 1st round pick. Even a late first. 

20 minutes ago, All Hail said:

The problem is that while we could certainly use an elite corner, we have dire needs at DT and LB.  we also need money to sign Carr and Mack to their mega contracts.  I doubt a deal gets done unless the price for Sherman is less than a 1st round pick. Even a late first. 

Mack's two years out on the big contract though as a first-round pick, isn't he?  Carr gets paid in 2018?

9 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Mack's two years out on the big contract though as a first-round pick, isn't he?  Carr gets paid in 2018?

You are right.  Mack has a 5th year option for 2018 but he could hold out if the raiders don't extend him.  Carr gets paid in 2018 for sure.  

i would think Sherman wants at least a 3 year deal and I just don't think we want to prioritize the money and assets it would cost to acquire him over our other needs. I could very well be wrong but that's just my gut feeling. 

10 hours ago, glduck said:

seahawks trade down twice, picking up a few mid round picks. they pick second overall tomorrow. cam robinson?

despite being a monster of a human being, apparently his balance issues are what kept him out of the first. the seahawk blogs seem to be hot and heavy for forrest lamp, who projects as a guard. 

11 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Takk definitely repping Richmond. Can't question the passion.

I read an unconfirmed report (Falcons message board) that he got a 3 on the Wunderlic test, which is incredibly horrific. Frank Gore and Jamaal Charles earned a 6 at least.

Richmond is easily the worst and least educated city in the Bay Area.  I'm honestly shocked he was able to pass classes at a UC let alone qualify for a UC.  I can't remember the last time a kid from Richmond got a scholarship to play football let alone became a pro.  Great for Takk -- I'll always root for him. 

Random thoughts from the Draft:

It feels weird to say this but the 49ers easily won the first round last night.  You end up with 2 of the top 5 defensive players of the draft AND you get 3 picks to move back one spot and pick the guy you would have picked anyway.  A combination of a good draft and being at the right place at the time.  If you believe John Lynch, the 49ers got 2 of their top 3 players.  That has to be considered a win. 

I honestly don't get why teams were paying top dollar to invest in these qbs.  Are any of these guys going to be good?  Seems like you'd be just as likely to succeed with some of the lower round qbs this year.  

Jonathan Allen seems like a great pick for the Redskins at 17.  They can pair him with Kerrigan and be really strong on the interior.  Because Alabama is on national TV 80 times a year, I got to see him play and I thought he was by far the most valuable player on that defensive.  He made freaky plays for a DT. 

The Raiders picked an alleged rapist.  I'm not thrilled with the pick unless they've done their due diligence and can say for certain that he is innocent.  If he is, he seems like a good pick and is exactly what the Raiders need.  Now to address LB and DT.  We must have the worst LB unit in the league. 

I'm not a big fan of the WR's in this draft.  Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross.  I don't think any of these guys will be have good careers. 

Where were the Tackles?  You'd think in a draft where not even the Chargers, Dolphins or Seahawks were taking Tackles that Cam Robinson would be able to crack the 1st round.  Tackles are too valuable to pass on if you need them.  I guess NFL Gm's really considered this draft to be completely devoid of starting tackle talent.  The Broncos got Bolles from Utah but if he really that good?  I guess time will tell. 

definitely the weakest OL class in some time. like you said, if the seahawks are balking at the talent available and are moving back, you know it's weak. 

john lynch fleeced the bears by moving back a spot, gaining picks, and still getting their guy. i think reuben foster is QUITE the talent @ #31... but there are reasons he fell. who physically assaults medical personnel at the combine? if a hot temper and nagging shoulder problems don't interfere with his career, great pick.

i was hoping the titans would go w/ mike williams at the 5. he seemed like the most complete receiver. corey davis has amazing highlights, but damn if he doesn't drop every fourth ball thrown his way. i hope he works out. i liked that tennessee took adoree w/ the #18. titans need talent. 

this quarterback class reminds me a *lot* of that horrible class of 2011 when several teams panicked and settled for jake locker, blaine gabbert, and christian ponder. except that class had cam newton leading the charge @ #1. i don't know how good any of this year's first rounders will be. i don't know how you can even play patrick mahomes the next year or two (i know KC has alex smith still). 

2 hours ago, glduck said:

definitely the weakest OL class in some time. like you said, if the seahawks are balking at the talent available and are moving back, you know it's weak. 

john lynch fleeced the bears by moving back a spot, gaining picks, and still getting their guy. i think reuben foster is QUITE the talent @ #31... but there are reasons he fell. who physically assaults medical personnel at the combine? if a hot temper and nagging shoulder problems don't interfere with his career, great pick.

i was hoping the titans would go w/ mike williams at the 5. he seemed like the most complete receiver. corey davis has amazing highlights, but damn if he doesn't drop every fourth ball thrown his way. i hope he works out. i liked that tennessee took adoree w/ the #18. titans need talent. 

this quarterback class reminds me a *lot* of that horrible class of 2011 when several teams panicked and settled for jake locker, blaine gabbert, and christian ponder. except that class had cam newton leading the charge @ #1. i don't know how good any of this year's first rounders will be. i don't know how you can even play patrick mahomes the next year or two (i know KC has alex smith still). 

I am extremely disappointed that the Chargers took Mike Williams. He was not a top 10 pick and should have went between 16 and 20. There was too much defensive talent on the board and The Chargers needed all of it.

yeah sounds like when he's motivated he's nigh-unblockable. 

since we traded down again to get that pick, we now have approximately 20 picks the rest of today and tomorrow. let's package some of these and move up to nab one of the better corners still on the table. or maybe that safety from uconn.

(I've stopped hoping they'll address the line. they won't. it just is what it is)

1 minute ago, azgreg said:

Udub's Buddha Baker to the Cards.

I like him as a player, but Arizona seems like a odd landing spot to me?  He's basically the same player as the honey badger, are they going to roll with two 5'9 safety's?

3 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

I like him as a player, but Arizona seems like a odd landing spot to me?  He's basically the same player as the honey badger, are they going to roll with two 5'9 safety's?

Probably and blitz them a bunch.

Archived