NFL Thread

PAC MAN

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/15/2017 at 2:57 PM, ExplorerSunDevil said:

Well, i'm probably the one who should say it:

Depending on what is found in the investigation, Todd Heap could be in a Heap of trouble

What makes you say this?  Sounds like it was an accident.  Any parent who accidentally kills their child is probably begging for the death penalty.  Maybe you'll understand when you have a kid.

My heart breaks for the guy.  And your pun sucks ass.

32 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

Could being to key word here.  I doubt the Pats ever pay his estate anything.

I'm not following, he was innocent of the last two murders he was tried for but still guilty of the first murder.  Is that right?

Not an argument just a query. Do players still have to have seven years of service to fully vest in their pension?   At any rate, I could be wrong but I don't think his vesting or not will change any liability on the part of the patriots. No additional years of service will accumulate and They make annual Contributions to the pension fund  based on Payroll for that year, so there would be no change in the amount of contributions the patriots have to make. Any increased liability by reason of additional payments from the pension fund to Hernandez would come out of the pension fund.

I would guess The biggest potential liability would be to a lawsuit over concussion related brain damage.  

I wonder if they can even get an autopsy with probative brain evidence given that he suffocated himself and/or cut off blood flow to his brain by virtue of the hanging?

Seems like it would be a dubious lawsuit.  They're trying to argue that the prospect of life in prison didn't do him in -- it was the head trauma from years earlier.  Hmmmm....

14 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Yes I think the brain damage from concussion would show up.  The problem would be proving the brain damage occurred while he was a patriot rather than in junior high and high school and college.

Or in his case, prison fights, or any other kind of fighting before hand.

How's it easy to discount fights?  One of my best friends was a gold gloves boxer, then went into MMA, working his way up to the UFC.  And one of his biggest fears is having brain damage from being punched over the years.  Damage to you brain doesn't just happen from playing football.

3 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

How's it easy to discount fights?  One of my best friends was a gold gloves boxer, then went into MMA, working his way up to the UFC.  And one of his biggest fears is having brain damage from being punched over the years.  Damage to you brain doesn't just happen from playing football.

Uh, is it not obvious what I'm about to say?  Aaron Hernandez was not a professional fighter.  SLIGHTLY different. 

On 4/5/2017 at 6:23 PM, RogueDuck said:

That would be a crap trade.  We already need a CB, because Lane and Shead aren't NFL quality starters.  I seriously doubt the Seahawks listen to anything less than a first rounder for him.

Or a 5th rounder

Archived